Bhutan, a Buddhist kingdom on the Himalayas’ eastern edge, is known for its monasteries, fortresses and dramatic landscapes that range from subtropical plains to steep mountains and valleys. Paro Taktsang monastery (also known as Tiger’s Nest) clings to cliffs above the forested Paro Valley.
Bhutan is no ordinary place. It is the last great Himalayan kingdom, shrouded in mystery and magic, where a traditional Buddhist culture carefully embraces global developments.
Taking you to the most beautiful additions on the landscape of Himalayas, Bhutan promises to dazzle you at every turn you take here, bringing you some of the most serene experiences and places that are offered here.
Day 01 : Departure (26th May 2019)
A Departure from Sealdah (Kolkata) Railway Station for Hasimara. Night journey by train.
Day 02: Hasimira to Phuntsoling
Reach Hasimara and proceed to Phuntsoling. Check in hotel. Completing the permits formalities. Visit 2 or 3 points at Phuntsoling. Night stay at Phuntsoling.
Day 3: Phuntsoling to Thimpu
After breakfast drive to Thimpu via the wonderful mystic town Gedu which is 9000 ft above the sea level and Chhukha Dam. On the way visit Khorbandi Gumpha, Wonkha Waterfalls and halt at Chojun to take photographs of confluence of two rivers of Bhutan, Thimpu Chu and Paro Chu. Lunch will be served on the way. Reach Thimpu in the evening. Check in hotel. Night stay at Thimpu.
Day 4: Thimpu Local Sightseeing
After breakfast visit Thimpu local sightseeing (Buddhist Temple, Chong Gangkha Monastery, Archery Ground, Handicrafts Emporium, Folk Heritage Museum-Textile Museum, Motithang Takin Preserve. Night stay at Thimpu.
Day 5: Thimpu to Punakha
After breakfast proceed to Punakha. On the way visit Dochula View Point. After lunch visit Chimi Lhakhang (Fertility Temple), Punakha Dzong. Overnight stay at Punakha.
Day 6: Punakha to Paro
After breakfast start for Paro. After lunch visit Taktsang Monestary (Tiger's Nest). Night stay at Paro.
Day 7: Paro- Chella Pass
After breakfast you will be transferred to Chella Pass- The Haa Valley, the highest moterable pass of Bhutan and enjoy the beautiful greenery and photo clicks drive back for lunch at Paro Town and evening free for shopping. Overnight stay at Paro.
Day8: Paro- Hasimira
After breakfast proceed to Hasimara for boarding train for Kolkata. Night journey by train.
Day 9: Kolkata
Reach Sealdah (Kolkata) Railway Station. Tour ends with happy memories.
What is included in the tour
- SL class Train Tickets (Kolkata-Hasimira-Kolkata)
- Luxury Hotel accommodation
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner - all in buffet system
- All transfers, sightseeing & overland journey by pvt. Vehicle as per the program
- our Guide
- Driver’s allowances like toll, tax & parking’s, night halt etc
What is NOT included in the tour
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head “Prices inclusions”
- Monument & museum entry fee, camera fee etc,
- Medical & Travel insurance
- Expenses such as tips, laundry, table drinks, starters travel tips. etc.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary due to bad weather conditions, Road blocks & nature calamites.
- Any addition in Tax or Fuel charges increase by Transport Company, Govt. etc. will be chargeable to the travelers
- Any Meal during Train Journey
- PHOTO IDS: Please carry original copy along with 5 Xerox copies of the following documents:
i) Passport/ Voter ID
ii) Passport/ Valid School ID and Birth Certificate
iii) Passport size photographs (5-7).
- You will be provided with the valid permits, please retain them carefully since those will be required while you return back to India, hence, do not loose the permits.
- Kindly make sure that all your documents are up to date.
- Kindly carry a photocopy of the picture page, of the passport that shows the number. In case you loose your passport, it can be helpful, in getting the new passport as well.
- Do not forget to carry the travel tickets with you.
- Documents for Travel Insurance, if applicable.
- A copy of valid permit and an ID proof would help you in getting a SIM card from Bhutan.
- It would be helpful if you carry Guide Map of Bhutan.
- It is likely to rain in Bhutan throughout the year, so it is advisable to carry a rain jacket and umbrella with you.
- For sun protection, kindly carry sun glasses, hat/ cap, sun screen lotion.
- A pen/ Notepad throughout the trip to jot down important things while traveling.
- Emergency contact numbers should be kept handy.
- A handy Towel, paper soaps/ Sanitizer is always helpful.
- Shaving kit, if you are planning for long vacation.
- The necessary items should be packed in a hand bag.
- It is always advisable to carry enough cash since only International Credit cards are acceptable at the hotels. Therefore, kindly do not depend upon the ATM cards.
- Tobacco and its products are banned in Bhutan. Do not carry such products.
And do not bring any plant/ such agricultural product from Bhutan. It is considered illegal.
- Current is 220 Volts. Wall plugs are normally round, two pronged European type- therefore please bring your adapter plugs.
- Currency may be exchanged at Airport/ banks/ hotels. However, it is a difficult task, once you leave Thimpu. The exchange rates change every week.
- For the sake of safety, in case traveler’s cheques are carried (American Express, Master Card and Visa), they are also acceptable.
- Carry a flashlight/ torch along with few batteries.
You may carry a binocular for clear distant views.
- If you are carrying a camera, please carry spare batteries, tripod stand, films etc.
You can freely capture pictures for the outside views of the monasteries, hills, landscapes, markets but the photography is not allowed inside the monasteries.
- Adequate shoes/ slippers/ socks etc. Please make sure that the shoes are comfortable enough and protective from weather and rugged terrain.
Warm and waterproof gloves/ boots.
It is advisable to carry insect repellant
- BODY PRODUCTS:
1. Shampoo and conditioner.
2. Body Cleanser and body lotion.
4. Lip Balm in case of dryness.
5. Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Make up kit, Hair Brush
6. Contact lenses/ Eye Glasses if you use.
7. Antiseptic Cream