Dudhsagar is one of the world's most exquisite falls. It lies high up in the Mandovi River's watershed and so is not particularly spectacular during the dry season. During the monsoon season, however, the falls are transformed into one of the most powerful falls in India. Dudhsagar Falls is listed as India's fifth tallest waterfall and is 227th in the world at 310 m. The water plummets hundreds of meters (over a thousand feet) in large volumes during the rainy monsoon season, forming one of the most spectacular natural phenomena in Goa. It is a major part of the Goa ecosystem. It is a four-tiered waterfall with a total height of 310 meters (1017 feet) and an average width of 30 meters (100 feet)
The famous photograph of Trains passing through before the waterfalls can be seen in this route and also the complete stretch of the falls will be visible while you hike towards the waterfalls.
Dudhsagar Waterfalls- springing from a lofty height of 600m is located on the Goa-Karnataka border. It lies at a distance of 60 km from Panaji and 10 km from Colem Railway Station. Dudhsagar Falls (literally Sea of Milk ) is a tiered waterfall located on the Mandovi River in the Indian state of Goa on Goa's border with Karnataka state. It is four-tiered.
Batch 1 : 13th - 14th July
Batch 2 : 27th - 28th July
Batch 3 : 10th - 11th August
Batch 4 : 24th - 25th August
Batch 5 : 14th - 15th September
- Magnificent View of Dudhsagar Waterfall.
- 16 kms walk through Railway track with Beautiful Nature.
- Train passes through a fall, Memorable for Photography.
- Famous spot from Chennai Express Movie.
- India’s fifth tallest waterfall and is 227th in the world at 310 m
Day 1 (Saturday):
Travellers from Mumbai and Pune are suppose to join us at 03:30 pm outside the Cloak room (Pune Juction)
We will have a small round of introduction.
Board 12780 Goa Express (Non AC Sleeper) by 04.30 pm & proceed towards Kulem.
Day 2 (Sunday):
Reach Kulem by 4:35 am (approx), start trekking towards the Dudhsagar Waterfall (14 kms) by track route. Reach Dudhsagar by 09:00 am (approx). Enjoy the scenic view of the Dudhsagar Waterfalls and the journey too. Have Breakfast and start the trek back to Kulem.
Reach Kulem by 03:00 pm. Have lunch.
Mumbai Participants will move to Madgaon Station by Train. From Madgoan Station Catch 12620 / Matsyagandha Express
Pune Participants will catch the Goa Express at 16:36 Hrs. Reach Pune by 04:30 Hrs
Day 3 (Monday) :
Reach Mumbai/Pune early morning . The tour ends here with lot of pleasant memories of Dudhsagar Falls.
What is included in the tour
- Sleeper Class tickets from Pune-Kulem- Madgaon– Mumbai/Pune
- Kulem To Madgaon general tickets
- Dudhsagar Jungle entry tickets
- Breakfast, Lunch (Veg) on Day 2 (Sunday)
- Expertise and guide charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Food on train (Saturday)
- Packaged Water/Beverages
- Train tickets from Mumbai-Pune
- Tax as applicable
- Any kind of insurance, Softdrinks etc.
- Anything other than above-mentioned inclusions.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Water bottle – Min. 2 Ltr. compulsory required during trek
- Good Quality Torch with Cells.
- Original Id Proof Compulsory
- Full Sleeves T-shirt & Full Track Pant while Trekking.
- Sports shoes, Full Ankle Socks while trekking. Floaters/ Slippers for Train Journey.
- Extra Clothes
- Sanitary kit - Paper Soap, Towel & Napkin, Tooth Brush, Tooth Paste, Tissue paper, etc
- Ready to eat food
- Personal Medicines if any.
- Camera & Camera Battery (Plastic bag to cover Camera).
- Portable Mobile Charger.
- Food for Saturday Train Journey.
- Extra Carry bags to keep your Wet Cloths.
- Zip pouch to save your Mobile & Wallet.
Please Note: We are not allowed to visit Dudhsagar Railway Bridge, we can trek only upto the base of the waterfalls and enjoy the view from there.
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone etc in polythenes while packing
- Wear shoes with good grips
- Use repellents to keep bugs away
- Do not stay away from your group during the trek
- Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
- Avoid wearing precious Jewellery while trekking.
- Entering the dudhsagar waterfall is strictly prohibited.
- No washroom facilities are available in the area.
- Mobile connectivity is unavailable in the area, as it is surrounded by a dense forest.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. In Mountains & Jungles, smoking attracts honeybees and one has to face dangerous "honeybee attack" where survival of the person is difficult, hence smoking is strictly prohibited. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
- Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- If cancellation done prior to 30 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
- If done prior to 15 days of outing 50% will be refunded
- If done prior to 10 days of outing 40% will be refunded
- If done prior to 5 days of outing 20% will be refunded
- After that no refund will be provided.
- Cancellation done within 12 hours of payment 100% refundable. (Not applicable on payments made before or less than 10 days of the event. Below policy will be applicable.)