FIREFLIES SPECIAL CAMP
Just before the monsoon arrives, the tiny bioluminescence beings sparkle and shine to emit a glow. It’s nature’s own light show that amuses one and all. Fireflies typically shine at twilight to attract mates or prey. These fireflies bring magic to your summer night. Play with these little creatures while they keep amusing you all night long. Photographers, be ready with your cameras, to capture the sight and save it forever. Add to this the fun of a camping night in the folds of majestic Sahyadris.
Imagine a dreamy landscape with cozy tents pitched near shimmery blue lake and skies filled with millions of stars. As the Sun sets and rises with utmost charm, the skies are painted various hues of blue, purple and orange. Welcome to the Arthur Lake-one of the most popular attractions of the hill station.
While the pre-monsoon season calls for the spotting of hundreds of fireflies, the monsoons and winters offer trekking and camping opportunities and Bhandardara’s multitude of crystal clear streams and waterfalls, fishing and boating make it an attraction for tourists all year round.
Bhandardara offers a unmatched number of options, for travellers of all kinds, to seek their slice of nature and relaxation. Its proximity to Mumbai and steadily increasing tourist infrastructure makes it a must visit weekend getaway spot.
Batch 1 : 18th - 19th May 2019
Batch 2 : 01st - 02nd June 2019
Batch 4 : 08th - 09th June 2019
Batch 5 : 15th - 16th June 2019
Batch 6 : 22nd - 23rd June 2019
- Best location in Bhandardara for Camping
- Enjoy watching Fireflies
- Spend a fun day in the outdoors surrounded by lush nature.
- Camp in front of Lake
- Away from the chaos and crowd
- Comfortable Tents with the best view of the lake
- Fun Boat Ride (To & Fro to the campsite)
- Western Toilet
Catch train to kasara from CSMT at 11.46 pm and get down at kasara by 1.58 pm
Below is the train schedule
11.46 am CSMT
11.59 am Dadar
12.06 pm Kurla
12.26 pm Thane
12.48 pm Kalyan
01.58 pm Kasara
Lunch on the way (TTMM)
05:00 PM - Reach Bhandardara Dam
05:30 PM - Take a boat ride to the campsite
06:00 PM - Reach campsite and tent accommodation
06:30 PM - Tea & Biscuits at Camping Site. Enjoy the sunset view from the campsite.
8:00 PM - Campfire Time
10:00 PM - Dinner under Star-lit Sky
09:00 AM - Have Breakfast and Tea
10:00 AM - Checkout
(All timings mentioned above are tentative)
What is included in the tour
- Kasara to Kasara Private Jeep.
- Comfortable Tent stay (Foam Mattress, Pillow & Blanket.)
- Expertise if any
- Western style washrooms.
Meals included (Veg/Non-Veg/Jain):
- Evening Tea
- 1 Dinner
- Morning Tea Breakfast (Milk/Coffee/Maggi will be served on additional charges)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Lunch on Both days
- Water / Beverages
- Personal expenses / tips.
- Insurance of any kind.
- Medical hospitalization, evacuation and related expenses.
- Any item not covered under “Inclusions”.
- Extra pair of clothes
- Photo ID card
- Some ready to eat food (chips, cakes, biscuits)
- Drinking water
- Personal medication if any
- Since it is not a luxury trip, do not expect any luxury.
- All food is hygienic and authentic local delicacy.
- You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident, reasons beyond control like Natural calamities, landslides, bad road conditions, riots, political uncertainty, public transport failure etc.; Man-Made calamities, Vehicle breakdown, vehicle dysfunction can happen & you agree that the organizer/leader shall not be held responsible for any accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances.
- Adventure Geek is not responsible for any loss of illegal substances or items being carried by the participant.
- Cancellation within 12 hours of payment 100% refundable. (Not applicable on payments made before or less than 36 hours of the event.)
- If cancellation is done prior to 6 days of outing 70% will be refunded.
- If done prior to 3 days of outing 30% will be refunded
- After that, no refund will be provided.