FIREFLIES SPECIAL CAMP
Just before the monsoon arrives, the tiny bioluminescence beings sparkle and shine to emit a glow. It’s nature’s own light show that amuses one and all. Fireflies typically shine at twilight to attract mates or prey. These fireflies bring magic to your summer night. Play with these little creatures while they keep amusing you all night long. Photographers, be ready with your cameras, to capture the sight and save it forever. Add to this the fun of a camping night in the folds of majestic Sahyadris.
Kothaligad is more commonly known as the fort of Peth because the village of Peth is situated at its base. The pinnacle of the Peth can be seen from the village. It looks like a filed surface. On reaching the top of the fort, we see caves carved in huge rocks. The first one is the cave of Goddess, besides which is awater cistern and the last one is the specious Bhairoba cave.A flat floorand well-sculpted pillars are specialty of the cave. Along the Bhairoba cave, steps are carved leading the pinnacle. Four–Five potholes and some cannon balls are scattered in the fort. Kalwawantinicha Mahal, Nagfani, Siddhagad, Malanggad, Chanderi, Prabalgad, Manikgad, and Matheran all these surrounding historical places are visible from top of the fort Peth.
Batch 1 : 18th - 19th May 2019
Batch 2 : 01st - 02nd June 2019
Batch 4 : 08th - 09th June 2019
Batch 5 : 15th - 16th June 2019
- Night Trail
- Pinnacle of the Peth fort with internally carved stairs
- Thrilling stair climb towards the peak
- Easy and fun-filled climb that gives lots of memories.
- Fort exploration – Canon marks, temples and Potholes
- Water cisterns
- Bastions of the fort well in condition
Catch the 4:30 pm cst-karjat fast local. Time table is as follows:-
Karjat Fast local
CST :16:30 Hrs
Dadar : 16:43
Kurla : 16:50
Ghatkopar : 16:54
Mulund : 17:06
Dombivali : 17:22
Kalyan : 17:30
Karjat : 18:20 Hrs.
Note:- Missing the train means Missing the event.
Meeting Point : Karjat Station – 06:20 pm
06:30 pm : We will proceed to the base village Ambivali by tum-tum or private vehicle.
07:30 pm : Reach Ambiwali, Introduction round & Snack
Ascend – Enjoy Fire flies en-route
Reach pethwadi by 9.30pm
10.00 pm: Have Dinner and stay
10:30 pm: Start Trek & Enjoy Fireflies on the way while trekking.
12.00 pm: Off to sleep
06:00 am : Wake up call, Sunrise view, Explore & Photography & Breakfast
06.30 am. Start ascend. Reach on top, Explore and rest
09:30 am : Have breakfast and Start descending.
11:30 am : Reach Base Villages
12:00 pm : Leave for Karjat by bus/ Private Vehicles
01:30 pm : Reach Karjat and take local to Mumbai.
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from Karjat to Karjat,
- Stay in temple
- Guide & expertise Charges
Meals included (Veg/Non-Veg/Jain):
- 1 Dinner
- Morning Tea Breakfast
(Milk/Coffee/Maggi will be served on additional charges)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Lunch on Both days
- Water / Beverages
- Personal expenses / tips.
- Insurance of any kind.
- Medical hospitalization, evacuation and related expenses.
- Any item not covered under “Inclusions”.
- Extra pair of clothes
- Photo ID card
- Some ready to eat food (chips, cakes, biscuits)
- Drinking water
- Personal medication if any
- Return tickets till Karjat
- Since it is not a luxury trip, do not expect any luxury.
- All food is hygienic and authentic local delicacy.
- You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident, reasons beyond control like Natural calamities, landslides, bad road conditions, riots, political uncertainty, public transport failure etc.; Man-Made calamities, Vehicle breakdown, vehicle dysfunction can happen & you agree that the organizer/leader shall not be held responsible for any accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances.
- Adventure Geek is not responsible for any loss of illegal substances or items being carried by the participant.