Kedarkantha is a fun winter trek that takes the seriousness out of trekking. It is recommended for all adventure souls who like snow and high mountains, irrespective of your experience. Beginners are more than welcome to go on this trek. The highlights of the treks are the beautiful campsites, snow-covered pine forests, 360 degree view of the mountains and the chance to stand on top of one of the easiest trekkable peaks in the Himalayas. You will get to see Godly peaks like Swargarohini, Black Peak, and Bandarpoonch during the trek and come back absolutely thrilled and refreshed
- Surreal trek through the glistening white snow covered mountains
- Get to touch the sky and get an eye level view of the famous mountain summits
- Astronomy and Astrophotography is best done here where the glittering stars and stretched milky way ornament the sky at night
- The frozen Juda-Ka-Talab situated in the clearing of the forests of Oak and Maple creating a perfect picnic spot
- Drive through “Queen of Hills” –Mussoorie and reach the astonishing village of Sankri located on a hill slope
- Forget the usual celebrations back in your city and bring in the New Year in an unique manner, battling the intense rapids of river ganga through white water rafting in Rishikesh
- Those joining from Delhi, please meet the Adventure Geek Team at 11:00 PM at New Delhi Railway Station. From thereon, we shall board ‘12205 – Nanda Devi Express‘ and leave for Dehradun which departs at 11:50 PM.
- For departures, it is advisable to book a flight post 10 pm.
- Do note Missing the train means missing the event, no refunds would be entertained by Adventure Geek
Day 1: – Train Journey from Delhi to Dehradun (6 hours)
Meet the Adventure geek Team at the New Delhi Railway Station. to Board Nanda Devi Express at 11.30 pm Overnight Journey to Dehradun.
Day 2 - Dehradun – Sankri ( 8-10 hrs by road) 200kms
Drive from Dehradun to Sankri. Lunch will be had on the way. The drive is a delightful one as the path takes you along the Yamuna river and pine forests. If time permits you can explore the village or just walk around Sankri. Overnight can be spent in the hotel.
Day 3 - Sankri - Juda-ka-Talab (4-5 hrs)
Altitude: 6,400ft – 9,100ft
Tour starts from Dehradun but trek start from Sankri. Day start with early morning with halthy breakfast. Our trekking journey straight towards “Juda Ka Talab”. It’s a 4km trekking journey will take approx 5 hrs.
Day 4 - Juda-ka-Talab to Kedarkantha Base ( 2-3 hrs)
Altitude: 9,100 – 11,250ft
Today our trek continues towards Kedarkantha base which lies at an altitude of 11, 250 feet. The distance from Jadu Ka Talab to base camp is about 4kms, it will takes about 2.5 hours to reach. After reaching the base, set up the tent. The evening sky is equally beautiful with glowing stars and shining planets ornamenting the sun. Overnight sleep at the tent.
Day 5 - Kedarkantha base to Kedarkantha peak &
descend to Hargaon camp ( 7 hrs )
Altitude: 11,250ft – 12,500ft , Descent 11,250ft
Today trek is towards to Kedarnath Peak. The schedule of the day includes hiking to Kedarkantha peak and then again descending back till Hargaon camp. The total journey comprises of 6kms altogether and takes about 7 hours.
Day 6 - Hargaon camp to Sankri ( 3-4 hrs )
Altitude: 8,900ft – 6,400ft
Today’s schedule is descending to Sankri. The time for descending this approximately 6 kms long trail takes about 4 hours The first morning sun from Horegaon campsite is the nexus of thick wood pine forest is equally beautiful. On reaching the base, get back to the hotel and freshen up and get settled for the day. If the enthusiasm stays, one can again get out exploring the village to collect some local items to keep as a souvenir of the location.
Day 7 - Departure day (Sankri to Dehradun) ( 10 hrs)
The last day of the trip is the departure day where the trekkers need to travel back to Dehradun. The distance takes about 10 hours to reach excluding the break times so the earlier one starts its always the better.
The trip back to Dehradun reaches around 7 o clock evening time. The vacationers can be off boarded either at the railway station or at the airport as per their requirement. From here they can plan the next journey by booking a travel well after 8 pm. For all those who wish to stay in Dehradun and enjoy the place for a day or more can book a hotel in the city and spend some more lovely days in midst the beautiful Himalayas.
Day 8 - Dehradun to Delhi
Catch Nanda Devi Express at 10.00 pm from Dehradun Overnight Journey
Reach Delhi by 06.00 am and adios to meet again and depart to our home town
Keep trekking Keep Smiling.
What is included in the tour
- Stay in comfortable, clean and hygienic tents and guesthouse (sharing basis)
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner from Day-3 to Day-6
- Travel cost from Delhi to Dehradun and Back to Delhi
- Dinner on Day-2
- Breakfast on Day-7
- First aid medical kits and medical assistance during the trek
- Professional trek leads, event management fees and support staff
What is NOT included in the tour
- Cost Escalation due to natural reasons, obstructions, landslides etc.
- Any personal expenses incurred during the trek
- Offloading of bags during the trek
- Travel cost of arrival and departure from Delhi
- Breakfast and Lunch on Day 2
- Lunch and dinner costs on Day 7
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
Things to Carry
- A photocopy of your Identity Proof (Passport / Voter ID Card/PAN Card/Aadhar Card/ Driving License)
- Rucksack – If you are offloading your Rucksack, you will need a small daypack to carry your basic essentials
- Good trekking shoes and a pair of slip-ons, if required for campsite
- 2 Water Bottles (1 litre each)
- Woolen or Fleece Gloves and a pair of waterproof gloves
- Cotton socks and woolen socks (2 pairs each)
- Balaclava, Woolen scarf – If you do not have a Balaclava, you can carry Monkey cap instead
- Thermal Inners
- Fleece Jacket, Snow Jacket or Padded Jacket (1 each)
- Windcheater or Poncho
- 2-3 pairs of trek pants
- 2 collared and full sleeved t-shirts – Do not carry loose t-shirts as they tend to make you feel cold
- Camera or Binoculars
- Ready to eat snacks, Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D Powder – Carry nuts, dryfruits, energy bars to munch during the trek. They provide instant energy whenever it hits the lower base.
- Cap, Sunglasses - Do ensure that your sunglasses are UV Protected. Do not carry reflectors.
- Headlamp/LED Torch – Mandatory
- Toiletries – Sunscreen, Moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste, Hand Sanitizer, Mosquito repellent, if required
- Polythene Bags or Zip-lock Bags – These help to segregate wet clothes, used wet wipes or sanitary napkins on trek
- Any medicines that you normally consume - Please consult your doctor in this regard