Adventure Geek invites you to Andharban Trek
The trek through Andharban is one of the most refreshing treks in the Sahyadri region.
Andhar [अंधार] in Marathi means Darkness and Ban [बन] means jungle, so Andharban [अंधारबन] means The Forest. Literally the ‘dark forest’, Andharban is a trail through the dense overgrowth, with beautiful views of the Devkund waterfall, Plus Valley, and the Tamhini Ghat along the way.
This is a simple trail yet checks your endurance, a trail of around 20 kilometers passing through dense forest on the edge of valleys of Tamhini ghat overlooking the waters of the Kundalika river.
Check out our Events this weekend
- Hypnotic Kundalika Valley View
- Jungle trek of Andharban
- Visit Tamhini Ghat
- Bhira Dam start point
- Spot 4-5 small waterfalls on the way
- Walk through dense and dark jungles.
Andharban Trek 2021
Jungle trail to Andharban Trek
10:00 pm: Meet the Adventure Geek Team at SGNP Gate
10:15 pm: Departure from SGNP and start our journey to Andharban Base Village
10.30 pm: Pickup from JVLR Junction
10.55 pm: Sion Station
12.00 am: Sec 17, Vashi (Below the flyover) and continue towards Andharban trek
06:00 am: Breakfast & Freshen up at Andharban Base Village
07:00 am: Reach Pimpri dam i.e. the start point of Andharban trek
07:30 am: After briefing and a short introduction start the Jungle trek of Andharban
11:30 am: Lunch Break
12:30 pm: Continue with the trek
03:30 pm: Reach Bhira Dam which is the Endpoint of a trek
04:00 pm: Start our Journey Back
09:00 pm: Reach Mumbai tentatively
Andharban Trek Schedule FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the good time to Andharban trek?
Andharban Trek can any time.but we recommend to do in monsoon reason. Waterfall on the trek make it beautiful and Trekkers do enjoy a lot in waterfall.
Do Single Travellers Female sign up for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events.
Many Single Travelling Female join our events.
Are Kids allowed on treks?
Kids below 15 with Parents' supervision only.
How many Participants do you take on one Batch?
We take 25-35 pax in one Batch.Both Male and females with a ration 40-60.
Is there food available on the Andharban trek?
We have lunch in our package you will get there.
What type of food will be provided?
Only Veg local home-cooked food is available.
Is a toilet available on the Andharban trek?
Not available. During the trek, toilets are not available you need to go in open
How much time required to the Andharban trek?
3-3.5 hours (one way).
Can we drive to Tamhini Ghat?
Yes, You can drive to Base village of Andharban trek only if you have a driver. why because starting point and ending point is different. And also please note in case you don't reach on time we won't wait for you as there is no network and road has high-density fog. You can google maps Andharban Trail Start Point and navigate to it.
Distance from Mumbai to Tamhini Ghat?
Five hours drive from Mumbai - 165 km approx.
Distance from Pune to Tamhini?
Two and Half hours drive from Pune - 70 km approx.
The number of days required for the Andharban Monsoon Trek event?
10-12 hours is required to complete the trek.
Where can we park our cars?
Base Village at your own risk.
Is there any parking charge?
Yes, payable to locals.
Phone Connectivity at Andharban Dark Forest?
- Limited phone connectivity is available for most cellular services.
- At certain points during your trek you get will good phone network.
Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
- Cash payment is not accepted.
- Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway.
- On the spot payment not accepted.
- We need to book in advance bus/jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is a must.
Will I get bottled water?
No, you need to carry at least 2 litres of water.
Can I charge my phone?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required
How is Andharban weather?
During monsoon Andharban weather 16 degrees to 24 degrees, Thunderstorms, Windy. Humidity 90 to 100 %.
Monsoon rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets.
Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
NO. People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
Can we listen to music on a Bluetooth speaker?
Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking, We are going in nature, enjoy a day in nature.
Andharban Trek from Mumbai?
Our bus will begin from Sanjay Gandhi National Park,Borivali E and go to Pritam Hotel, Dadar East for Andharban trek and Return to SGNP. Borivali E via Dadar. Pickups are from highway only.
Andharban trek distance?
Andharban Trek Distance is 12 km the route is mostly downhill with few inclines. During Monsoon extra precaution is required.
How do I make payment?
You can pay online on our website by clicking on the Book now button.
What is included in the tour
- Travel from Mumbai to Andharban trek base village and back in non AC private transport
- Breakfast at Andharban Base village
- Lunch at Andharban Village
- Adventure Geek Expertise
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above-mentioned inclusion
- Id Proof
- 2 Litres of water (Must
- Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc.
- Good trekking shoes
- Power bank
- Carry Blanket/jacket
- Torch with new batteries
- Extra pair of clothes, socks (Optional)
- Cap, Camera as (Optional)
- 1 packet of electoral, enerzal, glucon-D
- Medications if required for individual
- Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible.
- And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking. Sling bags / jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed on the event. Please pack accordingly.
- Since it is not a luxury trip, do not expect any luxury.
- All food is hygienic and authentic local delicacy.
- You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident, reasons beyond control like Natural calamities, landslides, bad road conditions, riots, political uncertainty, public transport failure etc.; Man-Made calamities, Vehicle breakdown, vehicle dysfunction can happen & you agree that the organizer/leader shall not be held responsible for any accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances.
- Adventure Geek is not responsible for any loss of illegal substances or items being carried by the participant.
- Cancellation within 12 hours of payment 100% refundable. (Not applicable on payments made before or less than 36 hours of the event.)
- If cancellation is done prior to 6 days of outing 70% will be refunded.
- If done prior to 3 days of outing 30% will be refunded
- After that, no refund will be provided.