About Harishchandragad via Nalichi vaat Trek
The fort is quite ancient. Remnants of Microlithic man have been discovered here. The various Puranas (ancient scriptures) like Matsyapurana, Agnipurana, and Skandapurana include many references about Harishchandragad. Its origin is said to have been in the 6th century, during the rule of the Kalachuri dynasty. The citadel was built during this era. The various caves probably have been carved out in the 11th century. These caves are idols of Lord Vishnu. Though the cliffs are named Taramati and Rohidas, they are not related to Ayodhya. Great sage Changdev (one who created the epic Tatvasaar), used to meditate here in the 14th century. The caves are from the same period. The various constructions on the fort and those existing in the surrounding region point to the existence of diverse cultures here. The carvings on the temples of Nageshwar (in Khireshwar village), in the Harishchandreshwar temple and in the cave of Kedareshwar indicate that the fort belongs to the medieval period since it is related to Mahadeva as a totem of tribes Koli Mahadev. they controlled the fort before the Moguls. Later the fort was under the control of Moguls. The Marathas captured it in 1747.
Checkout Our Other Event in Mumbai
- Saptatirtha Pushkarni Temple
- Kedareshwar Cave, there is a big Shiva Linga, which is completely surrounded by water. Its height from the base is five feet, and the water is waist-deep. It is quite difficult to reach the Shiva Linga because the water is ice-cold
- Temple of Harishchandreshwar, which is a marvelous example of the fine art of carving sculptures out of stones that prevailed in ancient India
- Konkan Kada, provides a scenic view of the surrounding region and the setting sun
- Caves on Harishchandragad, these are situated at the foot of Taramati peak, a few are near the temple, whereas some are near the citadel and some far away in the forests.
- Taramati peak is the topmost point on the fort.
Day 1st - Friday, 11th February 2022.
Meeting point - Kalyan Railway station
Meeting Time - 11:00 PM.
11:30 PM - Start travel towards Belpada village
Day- 2nd - Saturday, 12th February 2022
5.00 AM - Reach base village
5.30 AM- Freshen-up & breakfast
7.00 AM - Start ascending.
Lunch break while ascending,
2.30 PM- Reach on top & Enjoy beautiful sunset from konkankada.
5.00 PM- Snacks
8.30 PM- Dinner, late night camp fire, Games & Activities.
Day -3rd - Sunday, 13th February 2022
8.00 AM - Wake up call, freshen up & breakfast
09.00 AM - Explore the fort & Temples
10.00 AM - Start descending
01.00 PM - Reach at base village & Lunch
02.30 PM - Start return journey towards Kalyan.
05.00 PM - Reach Kalyan (approx)
(Ascending Nalichi vaat and Descending Khiteshwar rout )
What is included in the tour
- Local travel from Kalyan to Bailpada and Pachnai to Kasara
- Unlimited 2 Breakfast, Tea, 2 Lunch, 1 Dinner
- Tent stay
- Local guidance
- First aid and first responder assistance in case required
- Adventure Geek administration charges if any
What is NOT included in the tour
- Anything that is not mentioned in inclusion
THINGS TO CARRY
• Identity Proof (must)
• Torch with extra battery (must)
• A bottle of water (At least 3 Liters)
• Some ready to eat food, Plum Cakes, Biscuits etc.
• Personal Care Medicine those which u require usually.
• A good trekking shoes, extra pair of socks.
• Extra pair of clothes, Rain Coat, Wind Cheater, etc.
• A haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has one's hands free while trekking.
• Pleases do not carry sling bags or Jholas.
• Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
RULES & NOTES
• Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
• Sleeveless, Low neck, Figure hugging, Shirts/Tops, Short Pants, Hot Pant not allowed.
• All our photo, walks are Eco-friendly, kindly take care of nature around us.
• Respect the heritage and culture.
• Do not litter, participants are requested to carry - - the waste back to the city and dispose it off in dustbins.
• Trek Leader’s decision will be final and binding.
• Participation confirmation only via confirmed bank transfer (50% advance payment)
• ‘BHATKANTI’ Group reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
• Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact send us a text message.
• Payment made is non-refundable and non-transferable.