Adventure geek invites you for Kothalighad Trek
Kothaligad is more commonly known as the fort of Peth because the village of Peth is situated at its base. The pinnacle of the Peth can be seen from the village. It looks like a filed surface. On reaching the top of the fort, we see caves carved in huge rocks. The first one is the cave of Goddess, besides which is awater cistern and the last one is the specious Bhairoba cave.A flat floorand well-sculpted pillars are specialty of the cave. Along the Bhairoba cave, steps are carved leading the pinnacle. Four–Five potholes and some cannon balls are scattered in the fort. Kalwawantinicha Mahal, Nagfani, Siddhagad, Malanggad, Chanderi, Prabalgad, Manikgad, and Matheran all these surrounding historical places are visible from top of the fort Peth.
- Pinnacle of the Peth fort with internally carved stairs
- Thrilling stair climb towards the peak
- Easy and fun-filled climb that gives lots of memories.
- Fort exploration – Canon marks, temples and Potholes
- Water cisterns
- Bastions of the fort well in condition
• 06:00 hrs – Meet Leaders at Borivali National Park and board the Private non a/c bus.
• 07:00 hrs – Pickup from Dadar East,Near Kotak Mahindra Bank
• 08:00 hrs – Vashi below the Bridge
• 09:15 hrs – Reach Ambivali (Base Village) and have breakfast
• 10:00 hrs – Start the trek after a brief introduction session. Enroute enjoy the mesmerizing view of the Kothaligad fort and its surroundings.
• 12:30 hrs – Reach the pinnacle, bask in the majestic view from the top, Take photos with an amazing background
• 13:00 hrs – Start the descend towards peth village (After a mandatory group pic obviously :P!!!)
• 14;00 hrs – Lunch at Pethwadi Village
• 15:00 hrs – Start our Journey back to Base Village
• 16:30 hrs – Reach Ambivali, say your goodbyes with a promise to meet again. Leave for Mumbai in our transfer vehicle. This brings us to the end of the trip, or rather just the beginning.
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from SGNP to SGNP
- Breakfast and Lunch
- Guide & expertise Charges
Meals included (Veg/Non-Veg/Jain):
(Milk/Coffee/Maggi will be served on additional charges)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Water / Beverages
- Personal expenses / tips.
- Insurance of any kind.
- Medical hospitalization, evacuation and related expenses.
- Any item not covered under “Inclusions”.
- Extra pair of clothes
- Photo ID card
- Some ready to eat food (chips, cakes, biscuits)
- Drinking water
- Personal medication if any
- Return tickets till Karjat
- Since it is not a luxury trip, do not expect any luxury.
- All food is hygienic and authentic local delicacy.
- You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident, reasons beyond control like Natural calamities, landslides, bad road conditions, riots, political uncertainty, public transport failure etc.; Man-Made calamities, Vehicle breakdown, vehicle dysfunction can happen & you agree that the organizer/leader shall not be held responsible for any accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances.
- Adventure Geek is not responsible for any loss of illegal substances or items being carried by the participant.