Karnala fort (also called Funnel Hill) is a hill fort in Raigad district about 10 km from Panvel city. Currently, it is a protected place lying within the Karnala Bird Sanctuary. The sanctuary is quite small with an area of 4.27 square kilometers. It is home to over 150 species of resident and 37 species of migratory birds who visit the sanctuary during winter. Two rare birds i.e. Ashy Minivet and Malabar Trogon have been sighted here.
Karnala fort actually consists of two forts one at a higher level and other lower. At the center of the higher level is a 125 feet high basalt pillar. It is also called Pandus tower. This structure was used as watchtower when the fort was occupied.
- Easy Trek
- Pre Monsoon Clouds
- One day Trip
- 360* View of Sahyadri Range
6:00am - Board Bus and Start Journey from SGNP Borivali
Pickup points on the way: 7:00 am - Dadar east near Kotak Mahindra Bank
09:00am - Reach Karnala Bird Sanctuary and have breakfast.
09:45am - Start Trekking and reach at top in 2 hours. explore the fort, click photos and start descending. Have lunch after reaching the base. Post Lunch, Start the return journey.
Around 8:00pm reach SGNP, Borivali
(all timings mentioned above are tentative)
What is included in the tour
- Traveling from sgnp to sgnp by private non/ac bus
- Entry fees,
- Morning breakfast,
- Safety and other equipment required for the trek.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Anything not mentioned in inclusion
- Personal Expenses
- Extra pair of clothes
- Photo ID card
- Some ready to eat food (chips, cakes, biscuits)
- Drinking water Backpack to keep things
- Personal medication if any
- Since it is not a luxury trip, do not expect any luxury.
- All food is hygienic and authentic local delicacy.
- You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident, reasons beyond control like Natural calamities, landslides, bad road conditions, riots, political uncertainty, public transport failure etc.; Man-Made calamities, Vehicle breakdown, vehicle dysfunction can happen & you agree that the organizer/leader shall not be held responsible for any accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances.
- Adventure Geek is not responsible for any loss of illegal substances or items being carried by the participant.