The trek through Andharban is one of the most refreshing treks in the Sahyadri region.
Andhar [अंधार] in Marathi means Darkness and Ban [बन] means jungle, so Andharban [अंधारबन] means The Forest. Literally the ‘dark forest’, Andharban is a trail through dense overgrowth, with beautiful views of the Devkund waterfall, Plus Valley and the Tamhini Ghat along the way.
This is simple trail yet checks your endurance, trail of around 20 kilometers passing through dense forest on the edge of valleys of Tamhini ghat … overlooking the waters of Kundalika river ..
- Hypnotic Kundalika Valley View
- Visit Tamhini Ghat
- Bhira Dam start point
- Spot 4-5 small waterfalls on the way
- Walk through dense and dark jungles.
10:00 pm: Meet the Adventure Geek Team at SGNP Gate
10:15 pm: Departure from SGNP
10.30 pm: Pickup from JVLR Junction
10.55 pm: Sion Station
12.00 am: Sec 17, Vashi (Below the flyover)
06:00 am: Breakfast & Freshen up at Base Village
07:00 am: Reach Pimpri dam i.e. the start point of our trek
07:30 am: After briefing and a short introduction start trek
11:30 am: Lunch Break
12:30 pm: Continue with the trek
03:30 pm: Reach Bhira Dam which is the Endpoint of trek
04:00 pm: Evening Snacks at pali
09:00 pm: Reach Mumbai tentatively
What is included in the tour
- Travel from Mumbai to Andharban and back in non AC private transport
- Evening Tea
- Adventure Geek Expertise
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above-mentioned inclusion
- Id Proof
- 2 Litres of water (Must
- Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc.
- Good trekking shoes
- Power bank
- Carry Blanket/jacket
- Torch with new batteries
- Extra pair of clothes, socks (Optional)
- Cap, Camera as (Optional)
- 1 packet of electoral, enerzal, glucon-D
- Medications if required for individual
- Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible.
- And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking. Sling bags / jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed on the event. Please pack accordingly.
- Since it is not a luxury trip, do not expect any luxury.
- All food is hygienic and authentic local delicacy.
- You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident, reasons beyond control like Natural calamities, landslides, bad road conditions, riots, political uncertainty, public transport failure etc.; Man-Made calamities, Vehicle breakdown, vehicle dysfunction can happen & you agree that the organizer/leader shall not be held responsible for any accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances.
- Adventure Geek is not responsible for any loss of illegal substances or items being carried by the participant.
- Cancellation within 12 hours of payment 100% refundable. (Not applicable on payments made before or less than 36 hours of the event.)
- If cancellation is done prior to 6 days of outing 70% will be refunded.
- If done prior to 3 days of outing 30% will be refunded
- After that, no refund will be provided.