Sudhagad / Bhorapgad is a hill fort situated in Maharashtra, India. The origin of this fort is said to date back to the 2nd century B.C the same age as the Thanale Caves and Khadsamble caves nearby. It was then called Bhrorapgad (after its presiding deity, Bhoraidevi). In 1436, it was captured by the Bahamani Sultan. In 1657, the Marathas took over and renamed it “Sudhagad” (the sweet one). It was a large fort and Sudhagad was considered by Chhatrapati Shivaji maharajas the capital of his kingdom. He surveyed it, but instead chose Raigad because of its central location.
In the regime of the Peshwas, the ‘Pantsachivas’ of Bhor became the custodians of this fort. After the annexation of princely states in 1950, the fort became patronless. As a result, the fort is in a state of ruins, even though it
- Sudhagad main entrance
- Pantsachiv Wada
- The forest around the fort
- Bhoraidevi temple
- Secret escape route
- Shiva Temple on the fort
- Enjoy a panoramic view of the Surrounding
Sudhagad Night Trek
Sudhagad Fort Trek
Day 1: (Saturday)
9:30 PM: Meet at Borivali Station West. & other pickups.
Day 2: (Sunday)
2:30 AM: Reach Base village. Washroom Break.
3:30 AM: Start trekking after brief instructions.
6:00 AM: Reach at Top, breakfast, & explore Fort
9:30 AM: Start descend.
12.00 PM: Reach Base village and enjoy Lunch.
2:30 PM: Start our return journey to Mumbai.
What is included in the tour
What is NOT included in the tour
- All kinds of extra meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Insurance, tips, porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Identity Card
- Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates,
- biscuits, etc
- 2 Litres of water must
- Torch and shoes (Compulsory)
- Extra pair of clothes, socks optional
- Cap, Camera as Optional
- 1 packet of electrol, enerzal, glucon-D
- Medications if required for individual
- Avoid wearing precious ornaments at an event, if possible
- And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking. Sling bags / jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed at the event. Please pack accordingly.
- We advise participants with any medical issues /history not to opt for this event. Still, If he/she does so, it should be at the participant’s risk. The management won’t be responsible for any incident.
- Considering complicated routes and respecting everyone’s time, we will not entertain any participant reaching the base village by his/her own vehicle. One can come to the meeting point by his/her vehicle and park it there and join our transport from there.
- Smoking/drinking/smoke up is strictly prohibited during the event. Anyone found doing so will be immediately expelled from the event.
- We request you to go through the complete itinerary. Since it is a group event, we will not be in a position to entertain any request of leaving early from the event. Respecting the fellow trek mates, please adhere to the schedule and take back lovely memories.