Adventure Geek invites you to Andharban Trek
The trek through Andharban is one of the most refreshing treks in the Sahyadri region.
Andhra [अंधार] in Marathi means Darkness and Ban [बन] means jungle, so Andharban [अंधारबन] means The Forest. Literally the ‘dark forest’, Andharban is a trail through the dense overgrowth, with beautiful views of the Tamhini Ghat along the way.
This is a simple trail yet checks your endurance, a trail passing through dense forest on the edge Tamhini ghat.
Best Trekking Spot in Maharashtra
Check out our Events this weekend
- Hypnotic Kundalika Valley View
- Jungle trek of Andharban
- Visit Tamhini Ghat
- Spot 4-5 small waterfalls on the way
- Walk through dense and dark jungles.
Andharban Jungle Trek 2023
Jungle Trek to Andharban
- Trek Trail: Nature Jungle Trail
- Base Village: Pimpri Village
- Trek Difficulty: Moderate
- Trek Endurance: Medium/ Average
- Trek Duration: 5 - 6 hrs (both sides)
- Best Time: Monsoon
- Distance from Mumbai: 160 km
Andharban Jungle Trek Schedule
( All times are tentative )
10:00 pm: Meet the Adventure Geek Team at National Park Gate, Borivali East
10:15 pm: Departure from SGNP and start our journey to Andharban Base Village
10.30 pm: Pickup from Andheri Hanuman Bus Stop
10.55 pm: Sion Lunch Home, Sion East
11.10 pm: K-Star Mall, Chembur
11.30 pm: Sec 17, Vashi (Below the flyover) and continue towards Andharban trek
06:00 am: Reach Pimpri dam i.e. the start point of the Andharban trek 2023
07:00 am: Breakfast & Freshen up at Andharban Base Village
07:30 am: After briefing and a short introduction start the Jungle trek of Andharban
11:30 am: Snacks Break in the middle of the Jungle
12:30 pm: Start Back to the base village
03:00 pm: Reach Pimpri and Have a Hot Local Delicacy cooked by Villagers which is the End of a trek
04:00 pm: Start our Journey Back
09:00 pm: Reach Mumbai tentatively
- Click on the "BOOK NOW" button.
- Select your date & proceed.
- Select the Number of TIckets. (If you have a coupon code, apply at this stage)
- Fill in your personal details and proceed.
- Select your payment type (UPI, Debit Card, Credit Card) and proceed.
- Once your tickets are booked, you will receive a confirmation email and WhatsApp on your Number
- WhatsApp group will be created one day prior to the Departure .
- Further details about the trip will be shared on that WhatsApp group 1 day prior to the trip.
Step -1: - Send your money to the following account ---
√ Payment details:
- While online transfer, please provide your name in the notes section.
- Once payment is done, please send an email to email@example.com with the transaction id, name, and Mobile No.
You can make payments using any of the following modes
- UPI – vinaykg05@okaxis
- Google Pay – 9004675388
- PhonePay - 9004675388
NEFT – Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
- Name: Adventure Geek
- A/c type: Current account
Bank: Saraswat Bank
* Branch: Mahavir Nagar
- A/C no.: 610000000013647(8 times 0)
- IFSC: Srcb0000146
Step-2: After payment, you will be requested to fill up the Mandatory disclaimer form online where you have to fill in relevant details including your complete address.
Step -3: Now your participation is confirmed & Organizer will create a WhatsApp group on the event day for coordination, We will coordinate through SMS/ Call if the participant is not available in WhatsApp.
For Details/Bookings Drop Whatsapp
Health & Fitness:
For instant energy carry glucose powder or energy drinks or chocolates. Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands a good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over-the-counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads-up to them if you need any medical assistance.
Monsoon Precaution Measures:
- Use trekking shoes with a good grip to avoid slipping.
- Take precautions against bugs.
- Carry First Aid & Necessary Gear.
- Protect your valuable items like cameras, phones, IDs, etc with an extra plastic cover and then put them in your bag.
- keep in touch with a friend and family member.
- Important to make note of all emergency contacts and numbers.
- A haversack to put in all the things to be carried so that one has one`s hands-free while trekking.
- Please do not carry sling bags or Jholas. Avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
- Smoking and the consumption of alcohol are strictly prohibited.
Why Adventure Geek for Andharban Jungle Trek?
- 6 years of experience in organizing the Andharban Jungle Trek with safety measures.
- Served over 1800+ customers last year with amazing reviews.
- Limited Participants with best services.
- Travel always in AC bus.
- We provide one trek leader for every group of 10 people.
Andharban Trek Schedule FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
1) What is a good time for the Andharban trek?
Andharban Trek can any time. but we recommend doing it in the monsoon reason. Waterfalls on the trek make it beautiful and Trekkers do enjoy a lot in a waterfall.
2) Do Single Travellers and Female sign up for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios at our events.
Many Single Travelling Females join our events.
3) Are Kids allowed on treks?
Kids below 15 with Parents' supervision only.
4) How many Participants do you take on one Batch?
We take 25-35 pax in one Batch. Both Males and females with a ratio of 40-60.
5) Is there food available on the Andharban trek?
We have lunch in our package you will get there.
6) What type of food will be provided?
Only Veg local home-cooked food is available.
7) Is a toilet available on the Andharban trek?
Not available. During the trek, toilets are not available you need to go an open
8) How much time is required for the Andharban trek ?
5-6 hours both sides.
9) Can we drive to Tamhini Ghat?
Yes, You can drive to the Base village of Andharban trek And also please note in case you don't reach on time we won't wait for you as there is no network and the road has high-density fog. We will provide you with the gooogle map of start point .
10) Distance from Mumbai to Tamhini Ghat?
Five hours drive from Mumbai - 165 km approx.
11) Distance from Pune to Tamhini?
Two and a Half hours drive from Pune - 70 km approx.
12) The number of days required for the Andharban Monsoon Trek event?
10-12 hours are required to complete the trek.
13) Where can we park our cars?
Base Village at your own risk.
14) Is there any parking charge?
Yes, payable to locals.
15) Phone Connectivity at Andharban Dark Forest?
- Limited phone connectivity is available for most cellular services.
- At certain points during your trek you get will good phone network.
16) Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
- Cash payment is not accepted.
- Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway.
- On-the-spot payment is not accepted.
- We need to book an advance bus/jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is a must.
17) Will I get bottled water?
No, you need to carry at least 2 liters of water.
18) Can I charge my phone?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required
19) How is Andharban weather?
During monsoon Andharban weather 16 degrees to 24 degrees, Thunderstorms, Windy. Humidity 90 to 100 %.
Monsoon rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets.
20) Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
NO. People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
21) Can we listen to music on a Bluetooth speaker?
Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking, We are going in nature, enjoy a day in nature.
22) Andharban Trek from Mumbai?
Our bus will begin from Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Borivali E, and go to Sion Lunch Home, Sion for the Andharban trek and Return to SGNP. Borivali E via Sion. Pickups are from the highway only.
23) Andharban trek distance?
Andharban Trek Distance is 12 km the route is mostly downhill with few inclines. During Monsoon extra precaution is required.
24) How do I make payment?
You can pay online on our website by clicking on the Book Now button.
What is included in the tour
- Travel from Mumbai to Andharban trek base village and back in AC private transport
- Morning Breakfast at Andharban Base village
- Lunch at Andharban Village (Veg / Non-Veg / Jain )
- Evening Tea/Coffee
- Andharban Entry Charges of 150/- Included
- Adventure Geek Expertise
- Basic First aid
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above-mentioned inclusion
- Id Proof
- 2 Litres of water (Must
- Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc.
- Good trekking shoes
- Power bank
- Carry Blanket/jacket
- Torch with new batteries
- Extra pair of clothes, socks (Optional)
- Cap, Camera as (Optional)
- 1 packet of electoral, enerzal, glucon-D
- Medications if required for individual
- Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible.
- And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking. Sling bags / jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed on the event. Please pack accordingly.
- Since it is not a luxury trip, do not expect any luxury.
- All food is hygienic and authentic local delicacy.
- You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident, reasons beyond control like Natural calamities, landslides, bad road conditions, riots, political uncertainty, public transport failure etc.; Man-Made calamities, Vehicle breakdown, vehicle dysfunction can happen & you agree that the organizer/leader shall not be held responsible for any accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances.
- Adventure Geek is not responsible for any loss of illegal substances or items being carried by the participant.