One of the still unexplored and insanely beautiful stretches of the Indian Himalayas, Spiti is a valley of stark landscapes and high snowy peaks stretching to the sky. Gurgling rivers and crystal clear lakes dot the highlands of Lahaul, while an ancient civilization has survived for nearly a thousand years and has preserved its culture against the onslaught of modernity in Spiti. The Spiti valley lies in the western Himalayas at 3680 meters, in Himachal Pradesh in north India near the Tibetan border.
Checkout Our Other Backpacking Tours
B1:-17th - 26th April 2021
B2:- 08th - 17th May 2021
- Drive through the mountains.
- Send a postcard from the world's highest post office
- Visit the beautiful ki monastery
- Experience village life up and stay in homestay
- Indulge in local cuisines
Spiti Valley Tour
Day 0 Date of the journey (16th April)
Meet Leader at Bandra Terminals and Board BDTS ASR SPL (02925)
Mumbai to Chandigarh by train 3AC class. overnight journey in train.
Day 1 Chandigarh - Shimla
Reach Chandigarh and catch Bus / Private Vehicle to Shimla & overnight stay at Shimla.
Day 02: Shimla - Via Narkanda - Via Rampur - Sangla/Rakcham
Today Early Morning, On your Arrival at Shimla our Driver, will pick you all together, and your journey to Sangla/Rakcham Will Start. On the way enjoy the beautiful views of outer Narkanda and the lovely villages of Rampur Wangtu and Karcham reach Sangla/Rakcham in the evening. Upon arrival check-in to the Homestay, take a rest from the long hectic journey. You can also explore the nearby places on your own if you arrive early. Later on, come back to the homestay for Dinner & Overnight stay.
Day 03:Sangla/Rakcham - Kalpa
After morning breakfast, Visit Rakcham and Chitkul Village. On the Way enjoy the great views of the Baspa River and Valley. Later on, start your drive for Reckong Peo and reach Kalpa in the late afternoon or evening. Visit Peo Market (Closed on Sunday), Roghi Village, and Suicide point. At Kalpa, catch a glimpse of the famous Kinner Kailash mountain range. Later on, Enjoy the Dinner & Overnight stay at the homestay/hotel.
Day 04: Kalpa - Via Nako - Tabo
Today morning after breakfast drives toward Tabo. En route, you will find the amazing view of Satluj & Spiti Rivers at Khab. We will stop for lunch in Nako village which is the first village in the Spiti valley region and famous for a beautiful lake. Later on, continued the journey to Tabo. On Arrival, Check-In to the Homestay & Retire for the Day. If Time Permits, You can explore the Tabo Market and taste the local Tibetan food. Later on, come back for Dinner and an Overnight stay at Tabo.
Day 05: Tabo - Via Dhankar - Kaza
Enjoy the Early morning breakfast, Then drive to Dhankar village and visit Gompa which is situated high above the valley. Later on, move towards Kaza. On arrival at Kaza, Check-In to the Homestay, You can explore the Kaza market, do shopping, buy some handcrafts and have experience of street food on your own. In the evening, come back for Dinner and Overnight stay at a homestay.
Day 06: Kaza - Langza - Hikkim - Komic - Kaza
Today morning after breakfast, proceed to the famous Langza, Hikkim, Komic village and explore the same. You can spend and enjoy some time in the snow. If time permits you can enjoy some snow activities there on your own. Later on, come back to stay at the location and retire for the day. Dinner and overnight stay at Homestay.
Day 07: Kaza - Key Monastery - Kibber - Kaza
Today morning after breakfast, proceed to the famous Key Monastery and Kibber Village. The car will first stop at the base of the monastery hill for the ultimate photo opportunity of this remarkable structure. Spend some time with the monks and have experience of their life, culture, history of Spiti, and its traditions. Then we will move to the world's second-highest villages of Asia situated at 4205 meters and 18 km from Kaza. Explore the local Tibetan cafe on your own. You can spend and enjoy some time in the snow. Later on, come back to stay at the location and retire for the day. Dinner and overnight stay at Homestay.
Day 08: Kaza - Rampur Today morning, After Breakfast drive to Rampur.
On the way enjoy the great outer Views of Tabo. We will again cross the Nako village. En route to the best viewing of Satluj & Spiti Rivers at Khab. Enjoy the Road journey and on your Arrival at Rampur, Check-In to the hotel and retire for the day. If time permits then you can Visit - The Famous Padam Palace of Rampur (On Your Own). Later on, you can visit Rampur markets on your own and spend some time there. Later on, come back to the hotel for Dinner and an overnight stay.
Day 09: Rampur - Shimla - Drop/Departure
Today morning after breakfast, Check-Out from the hotel and move for your return journey to Shimla. On the way to enjoy the beautiful views of outer Narkanda and Kufri. On arrival at Shimla. Catch Private vehicle to Chandigarh/Delhi.
Day 10. Chandigarh
Reach Chandigarh by 6 pm and catch your respective train/flight for your destination.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation on triple/quad sharing rooms at all destinations as per the itinerary.
- Train Journey From Mumbai to Chandigarh Via 3Ac Sleeper Class If You Choose This Option
- Lunch and Dinner in Train Journey Only
- Breakfast and dinner at all hotels, homestays, and camps
- Comfortable non-ac Toyota Innova / force traveler for all days as per the itinerary
- Monastery / Museum entrance fees
- Adventure geek expertise
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train/flight travel to and fro from Chandigarh
- Lunch on all days
- Meals that are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any permits, activities, accommodation, or transfers are other than what is mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances including medical emergencies and acts of God.
- Anything that is not mentioned in the above list of inclusions.
1. Gov approved Id proof Compulsory ( NO Pan Card)
2. A small Backpack (Avoid Suitcases)
3. A Day Bag to hold camera and essential during sightseeing .
4. Beachwear in case you decide to swim or enjoy water sports.
5. Torch (Must)
6. Personal Medicines If any
7. Cap, Shades, Sun-screen etc.
8. Sport shoes or Good quality Floaters
9. Camera (Optional)
10. Sanitary Kit
11. Mosquito Repellent
- Since it is not a luxury trip, do not expect any luxury.
- All food is hygienic and authentic local delicacy.
- You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident, reasons beyond control like Natural calamities, landslides, bad road conditions, riots, political uncertainty, public transport failure etc.; Man-Made calamities, Vehicle breakdown, vehicle dysfunction can happen & you agree that the organizer/leader shall not be held responsible for any accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances.
- Adventure Geek is not responsible for any loss of illegal substances or items being carried by the participant.
Advance Payment is non-refundable before or less than 15 days of the event.