Bhandardara Lake Fireflies Festival Camping 2022 | Fireflies Festival Mumbai & Pune
What is Fireflies?
Fireflies are sometimes called lightning bugs. Many a child have spent summer evening chasing them.
And may be you ‘ve wondered how and why are these insect able to light up.
The answer is that Fireflies contain an organic compound in their abdomens called luciferrin. As air rushes in to the abdomen, it react with the luciferrin. A chemical reaction gives off the familiar glow of a firefly. This light is sometimes called “cold – light” because it generates so little heat. The fireflies can regulate the air flow in to the abdomen to create the pulsating pattern.
While each fireflies species has it own pattern of flashing, some females imitate the pattern of other species. Male land next to them – only to be eaten alive. So the next time you see a firefly keep in mindthats it flickering isn’t. Just a unique & sometimes deadly languages of love.
About Bhandardara lake fireflies festival 2022
Imagine a dreamy landscape with cozy tents pitched near shimmery blue lake and skies filled with millions of stars. As the Sun sets and rises with utmost charm, the skies are painted various hues of blue, purple and orange. Welcome to the Arthur Lake-one of the most popular attractions of the hill station.
While the pre-monsoon season calls for the spotting of hundreds of fireflies, the monsoons and winters offer trekking and camping opportunities and Bhandardara’s multitude of crystal clear streams and waterfalls, fishing and boating make it an attraction for tourists all year round.
Bhandardara lake offers a unmatched number of options, for travellers of all kinds, to seek their slice of nature and relaxation. Its proximity to Mumbai and steadily increasing tourist infrastructure makes it a must visit weekend getaway spot.
Checkout our other fireflies festival 2022
Batch 1: 21st - 22nd May 2022
Batch 2: 28th - 29th May 2022
Batch 3: 4th - 5th June 2022
- Best location in Bhandardara for fireflies Festival
- Enjoy watching Fireflies
- Spend a fun day in the outdoors surrounded by lush nature.
- Camp in front of Lake
- Away from the chaos and crowd
- Comfortable Tents with the best view of the lake
- Fun Boat Ride (To & Fro to the campsite)
- Western Toilet
Bhandardara FirefliesFestival camping 2022 | Fireflies Festival Mumbai Pune
Day 1: --------------
Catch train to kasara from CSMT at 11.46 pm and get down at kasara by 1.58 pm
Below is the train schedule
11.42 am CSMT
11.55 am Dadar
12.02 pm Kurla
12.38 pm Thane
12.47 pm Kalyan
01.58 pm Kasara
Lunch on the way (TTMM)
From kasara to campsite Private Jeep which takes 2 hours to reach by 5.00 pm
5:30 PM – Reach Campsite
6.00 PM – Orientation and Introduction
6:30 PM – Snacks at Camping Site
6:45 PM -- Selfies and photo Session, go on a walk, enjoy the sunset view…
7:30 PM – Tent Accommodation
8:30 PM – Stroll around the villages to witness the twinkling fireflies
9:00 PM – Dinner under Star-lit Sky…
9:30 PM – Continue the dancing, Games with Camp-fire
12:00 AM –Off for the day).
8:00 AM – Wake-up call
8:30 AM – Have Breakfast and Tea
9:30 AM – Leave for Mumbai with Happy memories!!!
(All timings mentioned above are tentative)
FAQ For Bhandardara Fireflies Camping 2022
Where is Bhandardara Locate?
Bhandardara is located in Ighatpuri, Bhandardara is the hill station. 5-hour drive from Mumbai & Pune
Can we drive to Bhandardara fireflies Camping?
Yes, we will provide google map location for navigation purposes there is no network here please reach before sunset.
Bhandardara Fireflies Festival Mumbai distance or Mumbai to Bhandardara Distance?
210 km from Mumbai to Bhandardara Fireflies Festival Mumbai.
Is it safe for Solo/Female Travellers for Bhandardara fireflies Camping?
Yes it is totally safe for Female and solo travelers at Bhandardara Fireflies Camping from Mumbai
Are kids allowed for Bhandardara fireflies Camping?
Yes kids are allowed under parent Supervision
How is washroom facilities at Bhandardara Campsite?
Yes, the Eastern Commode toilet is available which is Fixed
Do you provide sleeping bags for Bhandara camp?
We don't provide sleeping bags please carry bed sheets.
What is included in the tour
- Kasara to Bhandardhara Camp Site and Back
- Comfortable Tent stay (Foam Mattress, Pillow & Blanket.)
- Expertise if any
- Western-style washrooms.
Meals included (Veg/Non-Veg/Jain):
- Evening Tea and Snacks
- 1 Dinner (Veg/ Non veg / Jain)
- Morning Tea & Breakfast
What is NOT included in the tour
- Lunch on Both days
- Water / Beverages
- Personal expenses / tips.
- Insurance of any kind.
- Medical hospitalization, evacuation and related expenses.
- Any item not covered under “Inclusions”.
- Extra pair of clothes
- Photo ID card
- Some ready to eat food (chips, cakes, biscuits)
- Drinking water
- Personal medication if any
- Since it is not a luxury trip, do not expect any luxury.
- All food is hygienic and authentic local delicacy.
- You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident, reasons beyond control like Natural calamities, landslides, bad road conditions, riots, political uncertainty, public transport failure etc.; Man-Made calamities, Vehicle breakdown, vehicle dysfunction can happen & you agree that the organizer/leader shall not be held responsible for any accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances.
- Adventure Geek is not responsible for any loss of illegal substances or items being carried by the participant.
- Cancellation within 12 hours of payment 100% refundable. (Not applicable on payments made before or less than 36 hours of the event.)
- If cancellation is done prior to 6 days of outing 70% will be refunded.
- If done prior to 3 days of outing 30% will be refunded
- After that, no refund will be provided.