Bhandardara Lake Fireflies Festival Camping 2023 | Fireflies Festival Mumbai & Pune
What is Fireflies?
Fireflies are sometimes called lightning bugs. Many a child has spent summer evenings chasing them.
And maybe you‘ve wondered how and why are these insects able to light up.
The answer is that Fireflies contain an organic compound in their abdomens called luciferin. As air rushes into the abdomen, it reacts with luciferin. A chemical reaction gives off the familiar glow of a firefly. This light is sometimes called “cold – light” because it generates so little heat. The fireflies can regulate the airflow into the abdomen to create a pulsating pattern.
While each firefly species has it own pattern of flashing, some females imitate the pattern of other species. Male land next to them – only to be eaten alive. So the next time you see a firefly keep in mind that it flickering isn’t. Just a unique & sometimes deadly language of love.
About Bhandardara lake fireflies festival 2023
Imagine a dreamy landscape with cozy tents pitched near a shimmery blue lake and skies filled with millions of stars. As the Sun sets and rises with utmost charm, the skies are painted various hues of blue, purple, and orange. Welcome to the Arthur Lake-one of the most popular attractions of the hill station.
While the pre-monsoon season calls for the spotting of hundreds of fireflies, the monsoons and winters offer trekking and camping opportunities and Bhandardara’s multitude of crystal clear streams and waterfalls, fishing and boating make it an attraction for tourists all year round.
Bhandardara lake offers an unmatched number of options, for travelers of all kinds, to seek their slice of nature and relaxation. Its proximity to Mumbai and steadily increasing tourist infrastructure make it a must-visit weekend getaway spot.
Checkout our other fireflies festival 2023
Batch 1 : 20th - 21st May 2023
Batch 2 : 27th - 28th May 2023
Batch 3 : 03rd - 04th June 2023
Batch 4 : 10th - 11th June 2023
Batch 5 : 17th - 18th June 2023
- Best location in Bhandardara for fireflies Festival
- Enjoy watching Fireflies
- Spend a fun day in the outdoors surrounded by lush nature.
- Camp in front of Lake
- Away from the chaos and crowd
- Comfortable Tents with the best view of the lake
- Fun Boat Ride (To & Fro to the campsite)
- Western Toilet
Bhandardara FirefliesFestival camping 2023
Fireflies Festival from Mumbai & Pune
10.00 am: Sanjay Gandhi national park gate, Borivali East
11.00 am: Sion, Lunch Home
11.30 am: Mulund checks Naka
11.55 am: Teen hath Naka
12.30 pm: Last pickup from Kalyan-Bhiwandi bypass.
Continue our journey to the base village
Lunch on the way (TTMM)
05:00 PM - Reach Bhandardara lake fireflies festival
05:30 PM - Take a boat ride to the campsite for the fireflies festival
06:00 PM - Reach campsite and tent accommodation
06:30 PM - Tea & Biscuits at Camping Site. Enjoy the sunset view from the campsite.
08:00 PM - Witness the fireflies and enjoy the moment
10:00 PM - Dinner under Star-lit Sky
11.30 Pm - Call off those who want to sleep in the tent can go, others can enjoy storytelling or other games with the leader
(Note:- In Case of rain we might ask you to sleep in Rooms that will shared separately for boys and girls)
09:00 AM - Have Breakfast and Tea
10:00 AM - Checkout
(All timings mentioned above are tentative)
Note: For those who wish to have couple of tents will be charged Rs 500 Extra
FAQ For Bhandardara Fireflies Camping 2023
Where is Bhandardara Locate?
Bhandardara is located in Ighatpuri, Bhandardara is the hill station. 5-hour drive from Mumbai & Pune
Can we drive to Bhandardara fireflies Camping?
Yes, we will provide a google map location for navigation purposes there is no network here please reach before sunset.
Bhandardara Fireflies Festival Mumbai distance or Mumbai to Bhandardara Distance?
210 km from Mumbai to Bhandardara Fireflies Festival Mumbai.
Is it safe for Solo/Female Travellers at Bhandardara fireflies Camping?
Yes it is totally safe for Female and solo travelers at Bhandardara Fireflies Camping from Mumbai
Are kids allowed for Bhandardara fireflies Camping?
Yes kids are allowed under parental Supervision
How are the washroom facilities at Bhandardara Campsite?
Yes, the Eastern Commode toilet is available which is Fixed
Do you provide sleeping bags for the Bhandara camp?
We don't provide sleeping bags please carry bed sheets.
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from Mumbai to Bhandardhara and Back by Private Bus
- Comfortable Tent stay (Foam Mattress, Pillow & Blanket.)
- Expertise if any
- Western-style washrooms.
Meals included (Veg/Non-Veg/Jain):
- 1 Evening Tea
- 1 Dinner
- Next Day Morning tea and Breakfast
What is NOT included in the tour
- Lunch on Both days (Will be on TTMM basis)
- Water / Beverages
- Personal expenses / tips.
- Insurance of any kind.
- Medical hospitalization, evacuation and related expenses.
- Any item not covered under “Inclusions”.
- Extra pair of clothes
- Photo ID card
- Some ready to eat food (chips, cakes, biscuits)
- Drinking water
- Personal medication if any
- Since it is not a luxury trip, do not expect any luxury.
- All food is hygienic and authentic local delicacy.
- You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident, reasons beyond control like Natural calamities, landslides, bad road conditions, riots, political uncertainty, public transport failure etc.; Man-Made calamities, Vehicle breakdown, vehicle dysfunction can happen & you agree that the organizer/leader shall not be held responsible for any accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances.
- Adventure Geek is not responsible for any loss of illegal substances or items being carried by the participant.
- Cancellation within 12 hours of payment 100% refundable. (Not applicable on payments made before or less than 36 hours of the event.)
- If cancellation is done prior to 6 days of outing 70% will be refunded.
- If done prior to 3 days of outing 30% will be refunded
- After that, no refund will be provided.