Adventure Geek invites you for Purushwadi Fireflies Trek
Have you ever dreamt of a place where millions of Fireflies dance? But, why dream when you can actually visit and experience it
People travel in search of adventure, places, culture, religion, cuisine and so much more; and then, you have Purushwadi. A place that attracts those in search of some good, old-world charm, for it has swarms of fireflies coming in.
Yes, you read that right; this tiny village in Maharashtra, at a drive of some four hours from Mumbai, is the stuff that all good dreams are made of. So much so that Purushwadi also plays host to a Fireflies Festival every year, right when the monsoons are about to hit India.
If you have a taste for surreal, Purushwadi is an ideal getaway from both Pune and Mumbai. A sliver of a place, it attracts fireflies to its lush green areas; especially before the monsoons when the mating season for the species is on then. May-June is the best time to visit Purushwadi, especially if the place has seen a light rain shower or two, and if you do not mind getting drenched in sudden bursts of rain. Remember that a heavier rain burst ends up killing the species and you might miss on the extravaganza; so yes, go before the actual Maharashtra monsoons hit.
Batch 1 : 20th - 21st May 2023
Batch 2 : 27th - 28th May 2023
Batch 3 : 04th - 05th June 2023
Batch 4 : 10th - 11th June 2023
Batch 5 : 17th - 18th June 2023
- Watch the fireflies dancing
- Enjoy lush-green village atmosphere
- Stay amidst the clouds in a tent/home stay
- Local Delicacies
- Best place for photography
Purushwadi Fireflies Special Camping 2023
08.00 am - Meeting Point Early morning depart from Sanjay Gandhi National Park
Hanuman Bus Stop, Andheri
Sion Lunch Home, Sion
Amar Mahal, Ghatkopar
Mulund Check Naka
Teen Hath Naka, Thane
Kalyan Bhiwadi Bypass.
12.30 pm - Enroute Halt for lunch. (TTMM)
04.30 pm - Reach Purushwadi
Enjoy the journey with beautiful nature-scapes, Gupshup, and songs during the bumpy journey.
05.00 pm - Welcome drink. Set yourself free in the village. Let your soul feel the simple lifestyle of villagers far away from the hustle-bustle of city life.
06.00 pm - Let your mind express its likelihood to the silent breeze, colorful farms, and rusticness of the village! As it gets darker and darker, experience the magnificent phenomena of fireflies' lighting display. We might come across a number of places during this trail where we can observe this unique phenomenon. Late evening returns back for a simple homely dinner.
08.00 pm Celebrate the night with fireflies, ghost stories, and fun games.
06.30 am - Early morning freshen up & have breakfast. Explore the Village area.
07.00 am - Enjoy a km walk to the nearest dam of Purushwadi and visit the beautiful view
Enjoy in water and splash some water on your face or click a cool selfie with a beautiful background.
10:30 am - Pack up your bags. Time for a memorable group photo
11:30 am - We will start the return journey to Mumbai.
01.30 am - En-route halt for lunch (at your own expense).
06.00 pm - Return back to Mumbai by evening.
*Note: There might be alterations in the itinerary as per the situation.
We will stay in a tent/homestay depending on the weather condition
Also, this trip is not a leisure trip we are heading to the village so don't accept luxury.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in basic home-stay/Tent on sharing basis
- Transportation Ex-Mumbai by Ac vehicle
- Welcome drinks and refreshments
- Evening Snacks, Dinner, and Breakfast on Day 2
- Permissions and tolls, wherever necessary
- Expertise and guide charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Meals during travel i.e (Lunch on Both Days)
- Packaged Water
- Personal expenses/tips.
- Insurance of any kind.
- Medical hospitalization, evacuation, and related expenses.
- Any item not covered under Inclusions.
- Extra pair of clothes
- Photo ID card
- Some ready-to-eat food (chips, cakes, biscuits)
- Drinking water
- Personal medication if any
- Sleeping Bag if required
- Expect sluggish conditions at places around because you would be visiting it soon after the rainfall (most probably!). Mind your surroundings.
- Don’t flash a torch at a tree full of fireflies. They go mad upon seeing the light.
- The worms are not warm, they emit light because of the phenomenon called bioluminescence. So when they sit on you, allow them to walk. Don’t get scared.
- Since it is not a luxury trip, do not expect any luxury.
- All food is hygienic and authentic local delicacy.
- You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident, reasons beyond control like Natural calamities, landslides, bad road conditions, riots, political uncertainty, public transport failure, etc.; Man-Made calamities, Vehicle breakdown, vehicle dysfunction can happen & you agree that the organizer/leader shall not be held responsible for any accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances.
- Adventure Geek is not responsible for any loss of illegal substances or items being carried by the participant.
Advance amount will not be refunded.