Adventure Geek invites you for Harihar Fort Trek.
Harihar Fort Trek is, located in Igatpuri region of Western Ghats.Situated at an altitude of about 3, 676 ft above sea level, this unique fort is built on a triangular prism of rock.
The three faces and two edges of the fort are completely vertical. Rocky steps with one meter wide at an angle of about 75 degrees are also found here.
A small temple and a cave with water, situated on the top, are worth visiting.
There are 117 steps in all. After you climb the first rocky staircase main entrance we walk thru below an overhang with a sheer drop. Again one has to climb a set of steep stairs with niches, then pass thru a staircase inside the rock like Peth Fort - Kothaligad Fort and then reach the top of the fort. The view from the top is excellent. After climbing these steps, we get up to the entrance door. The fort has got a tapering plateau with a raised level in the middle. There is a small temple of Lord Hanuman and Lord Shiva on the plateau. A small pond is there in front of this temple. Water from this pond can be used for drinking.
Making headway from here we come across a palace having two rooms in it. 10 to 12 persons can be accommodated in this palace. One of the vertical drops of the fort facing the Nirgudpada village is called 'Scottish kada', perhaps because it was climbed for the first time in November 1986 by Doug Scott, the legendary Himalayan mountaineer & took him two days to do the climb. This cliff is about 170 meters in height. Harihar fort is one of the best fort in Maharashtra
Checkout our Other Upcoming Event
Start Harihar trek at early morning
Thrilling Rockcut steps at an angle of 80 degrees Vertical
Temple of lord hanuman & Shiva
Small Palace with 2 rooms ( only 12 people can accommodate inside.
Small pond near Temple
Harihar Fort Trek | Harhar Trek
We’ll be boarding the below train from the nearest local station. Train timings are shared below for convenience:
Kasara Semi-Fast Local
10:50 pm CST
10:57 pm Byculla
11:05 pm Dadar
11:13 pm Kurla
11:18 pm Ghatkopar
11:34 pm Thane
11:57 pm Dombivli
12:07 am Kalyan
01:18 am Kasara
Meeting Point: Kasara Railway Station at 01:18 am
01:20 am Meetup, freshen up, gear up for the trek
01:30 am Leave for a base village in a private taxi
03:30 am Reach base village, rest for some time
04.30 am Have breakfast and tea
05:00 am Introduction round and brief on rules and regulations to be followed by everyone on the event
05:30 am Start the trek with a small warm-up walk.
09:00 am Reach the top, Explore the fort, Enjoy the view of the surrounding
11:30 am After Lunch Start descending back to the base
02:00 pm Reach Base Village and Start the return Journey towards Kasara Railway Station
04:30 pm Reach Karjat station and take a return train to Mumbai
07:00 pm Reach Mumbai and bid adieu with a promise to meet soon
- Click on the "BOOK NOW" button.
- Select your date & proceed.
- Select the Number of TIckets. (If you have a coupon code, apply at this stage)
- Fill in our personal details and proceed.
- Select your payment type (UPI, Debit Card, Credit Card) and proceed.
- Once your tickets are booked, you will receive a confirmation email and WhatsApp on your Number
- WhatsApp group will Make and will add you in the Group one day prior to the Departure
- Further details about the trip will be shared on that WhatsApp group 1 day prior to the trip.
Step -1: - Send your money to the following account ---
√ Payment details:
- While online transfer, please provide your name in the notes section.
- Once payment is done, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the transaction id, name, and Mobile No.
You can make payments using any of the following modes
- UPI – vinaykg05@okaxis
- Google Pay – 9004675388
- PhonePay - 9004675388
NEFT – Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
- Name: Adventure Geek
- A/c type: Current account
Bank: Saraswat Bank
* Branch: Mahavir Nagar
- A/C no.: 610000000013647(8 times 0)
- IFSC: Srcb0000146
Step-2: After payment, you will be requested to fill up the Mandatory disclaimer form online where you have to fill in relevant details including your complete address.
Step -3: Now your participation is confirmed & Organizer will create a WhatsApp group on the event day for coordination, We will coordinate through SMS/ Call if the participant is not available in WhatsApp.
For Details/Bookings Drop Whatsapp
Health & Fitness:
For instant energy carry glucose powder or energy drinks or chocolates. Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands a good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over-the-counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads-up to them if you need any medical assistance.
Monsoon Precaution Measures:
- Use trekking shoes with a good grip to avoid slipping.
- Take precautions against bugs.
- Carry First Aid & Necessary Gear.
- Protect your valuable items like cameras, phones, IDs, etc with an extra plastic cover and then put them in your bag.
- keep in touch with a friend and family member.
- Important to make note of all emergency contacts and numbers.
- A haversack to put in all the things to be carried so that one has one`s hands free while trekking.
- Please do not carry sling bags or Jholas. Avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
- Smoking and the consumption of alcohol are strictly prohibited.
Why Adventure Geek for Harihar Fort Trek?
- 6 years of experience in organizing Harihar Fort Trek with safety.
- Served over 500+ customers last year with amazing reviews.
- Limited Participants with best services.
- We provide one trek leader for every group of 10 people.
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets can be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
FAQ for Harihar Fort Trek
Where is Harihar Fort located?
Harihar Fort is located near Trimbakeshwar, Nashik.
Who can visit Harihar Fort?
Those who are regular trekkers and willing to do some adventure in life can do Harihar Trek
Kids Allowed for Harihar Fort Trek?
Kids above 12 years are allowed to Harihar Trek
What is included in Harihar Fort?
Travel, Food, and Guide are included in Harihar Fort Trek
Best time to visit Harihar Trek?
Harihar is known for its Staircase, we say the best time is from Nov to Mar the best time to do Harihar Fort.
What is included in the tour
- Traveling from Kasara to Nigurpada and Back
- Entry Fee
- Lunch (Veg / Non-Veg / Jain )
- First - Aid
What is NOT included in the tour
- Anything not mentioned in the Inclusion
- Personal Expense