Adventure Geek invites you for Harischandragad Fort trek Cloud special.
Harischandragad fort is quite ancient. Its origin is said to have been in the 6th century, during the rule of Kalachuri dynasty. The various caves probably have been carved out in the 11th century. In these caves are idols of Lord Vishnu. The carvings in the Harishchandreshwar temple and in the cave of Kedareshwar indicate that the fort belongs to the medieval period. Later the fort was under the control of Moghuls. The Marathas captured it in 1747.
Konkankada is one the best place for camping.
- A trek to a hill which looks over the Konkan region.
- Mesmerizing views of the surrounding regions on the way to the summit.
- Experienced and welcoming hosts.
- Visit Harishchandreshwar temple and Kedareshshwar cave
- Campfire, Music!
- Authentic food
- A Lot of Entertainment
Harishchandragad Trek Schedule
Catch kasara local from CST at night at 08:44 PM
CST 8:44 pm
Byculla 8:51 pm
Dadar 8:57 pm
Kurla 9:07 pm
Ghatkopar 9:11 pm
Mulund 9:22 pm
Thane 9:26 pm
Dombivli 9:42 pm
Kalyan 9:52 pm
Kasara 11:04 pm
Meeting point Kasara Ticket counter @11:00 pm.
11:15 am : Leave for Base Village
03:00 am : Reach Pachnai and freshen up
03:30 am : Intro round and start Hiking towards Harishchandragad
05:30 am : Reach Harishchandreshwar Temple and move towards Kokankada.
07:00 am : Reach Kokankada and Enjoy the mighty clouds, photography etc.
08:00 am : Start descending towards base villge
10:00 am : Reach Base village and have lunch
12:30 pm : Post lunch leave for Kasara
03:30 pm : Reach Kasara and disperse
What is included in the tour
- Travelling from kasara to base village and return
- Morning Breakfast and Lunch
- Entry charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Water, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- Extra pair of clothes
- Photo ID card
- Some ready to eat food (chips, cakes, biscuits)
- Drinking water
- Personal medication if any
- Backpack to keep things
- Since it is not a luxury trip, do not expect any luxury.
- All food is hygienic and authentic local delicacy.
- You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident, reasons beyond control like Natural calamities, landslides, bad road conditions, riots, political uncertainty, public transport failure etc.; Man-Made calamities, Vehicle breakdown, vehicle dysfunction can happen & you agree that the organizer/leader shall not be held responsible for any accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances.
- Adventure Geek is not responsible for any loss of illegal substances or items being carried by the participant.