Adventure Geek invites you to the Korigad fort trek 2023
Korigad (also called Koraigad, Koarigad or Kumwarigad) is a hill fort located about 20 km (12 mi) south of Lonavla in the Pune district, Maharashtra, India. Its date of construction is not known but likely predates 1500. It is about 923 m above sea level. The planned township of Aamby Valley is built over the fort's southern and eastern foothills. The closest village is Peth Shahpur, about 1 km (0.62 mi) north of the fort.
History: This fort was forcibly taken over into his kingdom by Chhatrapati Shivaji along with the forts of Lohagad, Visapur, Tung and Tikona in 1657. On March 11, 1818, Colonel Prother tried to take over this fort but even after a prolonged siege could not make any headway. Finally on 14 March, by igniting the stored ammunition by means of a loose cannonball he succeeded and this fort went to the British.
The fort is located about 923 m (3,028 ft) above sea level, rising over 200 m (660 ft) higher than the neighboring valleys. To the east, there lie two artificial lakes part of the Aamby Valley project which later drain into the Mulshi reservoir. There are two lakes on the top of the fort.
Check our Upcoming treks near Mumbai
- 2 Large ponds
- Koraidevi temple
- Ganesh temple
- Fortification of the fort
- Beautiful views of the surrounding valleys
- Walk along the entire perimeter of the fort (about 2 km)
- Aamby Valley View from top
- From here Nagphani Point, Tung, Tikona, Matheran, Prabalgad, Karnala and Manikgad ranges can be seen.
Korigad fort trek 2023
Korigad Fort Details
06:00 am: Meet Team at SGNP Gate, Borivali (East),Leave for Koraigad
06.30 am: Sion Lunch Home, Sion Station
07:15 am: Pick u from K Star Mall Chembur
07:40 am: Pick up from Vashi
08:00 am: Pick up from 3 Star, Kharghar
10:15 am: Reach the base village and enjoy breakfast
10:30 am: Start the trek
12:00 pm: Reach the top and explore the fort. Explore the Big Fort and Large Ponds
01:00 pm: Start descent to base village
02:30 pm: Reach the base village and enjoy lunch
03:30 pm: Start back Journey to Mumbai
08:00 pm: Reach Mumbai
Korigad Fort Trek
Where is Korigad Fort Locate?
Peth Shahpur, Near Amby Valley
How Far is Korigad fort from Mumbai?
Three hours drive from Mumbai - 125 km approx.
Can we drive to Peth Shahpur for Korigad Trek?
Yes. You can drive
Distance from Pune to Peth Shahpur Base village of Korigad Fort Trek?
Two and a Half hours drive from Pune - 90 km approx.
The number of days required for this event?
One full day is required for this event including travel, food, and trekking
Is there food available on Korigad fort?
No. Food available at the base village of Korigad Trek
How much time required to climb the Korigad fort?
Depending on Speed but it takes an hour to climb Korigad fort one way
Where can we park our cars?
You can pay & park your car at the base village of Korigad trek at your own risk
Do Single Solo/Female Travelers sign up for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Solo/Females on our events.
Many Single Travelling females join our events.
Are Kids allowed on treks?
Kids below 15 with Parents' supervision only
What type of food will be provided?
Only Veg local home-cooked food is available.
How Far is Korigad Fort from Mumbai?
Three hours drive from Mumbai - 125 km approx.
What is Korigad Fort Height?
Korigad fort is located about 923 m (3,028 ft)
What is included in the tour
- Travelling by private Non AC bus from SGNP to SGNP,
- Morning Tea & Breakfast.
- Lunch & evening tea/Coffee
- Adventure Geek Expertise Charges
- Entry Charges if Any
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions
- Identity proof (must)
- Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
- A bottle of water (at least 2 Ltrs) Compulsory
- TORCH with extra batteries Cap, etc.
- Medicine those if u require usually (Optional)
- A good trekking shoes, extra pair of floaters, extra clothes.
- A haversack to put in all the things to be carried so that one has ones hands free while trekking.
- Pleases do not carry sling bags or Jholas.
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
- No Smoking, tobacco, and alcohol
- This is a outdoor tour. All the activities & programs carry an amount of risk of injury and you are aware that outdoor activities have an inherent risk of personal injury.
– You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident, reasons beyond control like Natural calamities, landslides, bad road conditions, riots, political uncertainty, public transport failure etc.; Man-Made calamities, Vehicle breakdown, vehicle dysfunction can happen & you agree that the organizer/leader shall not be held responsible for any accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances.
– Adventure Geek reserves all rights to modify/change the camp/ program and abort the event and Adventure Geek will not be liable to refund booking charges in such a case.
- Adventure Geek reserves all right to call off the on-going event when such circumstances arise, and it shall not be responsible for any refund henceforth.
- Cancellation within 24 hours of payment 100% refundable. (Not applicable on payments made before or less than 36 hours of the event. Only 20% will be refunded in this case.)
- If cancellation is done prior to 10 days of outing 90% refundable.
- If cancellation is done prior to 6 days of outing 60% will be refunded.
- If done prior to 3 days of outing 30% will be refunded
- After that, no refund will be provided.