Adventure Geek invites you to Kothaligad fireflies trek 2023
Kothaligad is known as the fort of Peth because the village of Pethwadi village is situated at its base. The Wall Fort of Peth Fort can be seen from the village. On reaching the top of the fort, we see a water tank and a staircase with Huge steps. There is a small temple and a large cave at the base and a chimney-like tunnel to the top of the fort.
Four–Five potholes and some cannon balls are scattered in the fort. Bhimashankar Range, Siddhagad Fort, Malanggad, Chanderi Fort, Prabalgad, Manikgad Fort, and Matheran Range All these surrounding historical places are visible from the top of Fort Peth.
Checkout our other Fireflies event from Mumbai and Pune
Batch 1 : 20th - 21st May 2023
Batch 2 : 27th - 28th May 2023
Batch 3 : 03rd - 04th June 2023
Batch 4 : 10th - 11th June 2023
Batch 5 : 17th - 18th June 2023
Kothaligad Fireflies Trek 2023
Firefly Trek 2023
Catch the 4:30 pm CSMT- KARJAT fast local. People who live on the slow track station please come to your nearest station.
- Board the second compartment from the Karjat side which is the second last from the CSMT side.
- Everybody will board the same local and we meet on the train itself.
- Members are requested to take return tickets to Karjat on their own.
Time table is as follows:-
Karjat Fast local
CST :16:30 Hrs
Dadar : 16:43
Kurla : 16:50
Ghatkopar : 16:54
Mulund : 17:06
Dombivali : 17:22
Kalyan : 17:30
Karjat : 18:20 Hrs.
Note:- Missing the train means missing the event.
Meeting Point: Karjat Station – 06:20 pm
06:30 pm: We will proceed to Ambivali base village of Kothaligad Fort by tum-tum or private vehicle.
07:30 pm: Reach Ambiwali, Introduction round & Snack
Ascend – Enjoy Fireflies en-route
Reach Pethwadi by 9.30 pm
10.00 pm: Have dinner and stay overnight at the Village House
10:30 pm: Start trekking & Enjoy Fireflies on the way while trekking.
12.00 pm: Off to sleep
06:00 am: Wake up call, Sunrise view, Explore & Photography & Breakfast
06.30 am. Start to ascend to the summit of Kothaligad fort
08:00 am: Reach on top, Explore, and rest
09:30 am: Have breakfast and start descending.
11:30 am: Reach Base Villages
12:00 pm: Leave for Karjat by bus/ Private Vehicles
01:30 pm: Reach Karjat and take locals to Mumbai.
FAQ for Kothaligad Fireflies trek
Where is the Kothaligad fort Located?
Kothaligad Fort is located in Karjat Region, Ambivali is the base village of Kothaligad Fort.
Is it safe to trek to Kothaligad Fort?
Yes, It is Totally safe to trek to Kothaligad Fort.
Can solo female/Solo travelers join Kothaligad Fort?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios at our events.
Many Single Travelling females join our events.
Are Kids allowed on treks?
Kids below 15 with Parents are allowed
How many Participants do you take on one Batch?
We take 20-30 pax in one Batch. Both Males and females with a ratio of 40-60.
Is there food available on the Kothaligad Fort trek?
We have Dinner and Breakfast in our package you will get at the base village of Peth Fort
What type of food will be provided?
Only Veg local home-cooked food is available.
Where we will Stay at Night?
We will stay in a Village home-stay at Pethwadi before the Kothaligad summit, Trekkers need to bring light-weighted chaddar
Are washroom Facilities available at Kothaligad Fort?
Yes, the Indian style is available at the homestay.
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from Karjat to Kothaligad Base village and Back to Karjat,
- Breakfast and tea at Kothaligad base village
- Dinner (Veg Only)
- Guide & expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses
- Any other charges non mentioned above.
- Extra pair of clothes
- Photo ID card
- Some ready to eat food (chips, cakes, biscuits)
- Drinking water
- Personal medication if any
- Sleeping Bag if required
- Expect sluggish conditions at places around because you would be visiting it soon after the rainfall (most probably!). Mind your surroundings.
- Don’t flash a torch at a tree full of fireflies. They go mad upon seeing the light.
- The worms are not warm, they emit light because of the phenomenon called bioluminescence. So when they sit on you, allow them to walk. Don’t get scared.
- Since it is not a luxury trip, do not expect any luxury.
- All food is hygienic and authentic local delicacy.
- You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident, reasons beyond control like Natural calamities, landslides, bad road conditions, riots, political uncertainty, public transport failure etc.; Man-Made calamities, Vehicle breakdown, vehicle dysfunction can happen & you agree that the organizer/leader shall not be held responsible for any accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances.
- Adventure Geek is not responsible for any loss of illegal substances or items being carried by the participant.
Advance amount will not be refunded.