Adventure geek invites you for Kothaligad Fort Trek or Peth Fort Trek / Kothaligad Trek
Kothaligad is more commonly known as the fort of Peth because the village of Peth is situated at its base. The pinnacle of the Peth can be seen from the village. It looks like a filed surface. On reaching the top of the fort, we see caves carved in huge rocks. The first one is the cave of Goddess, besides which is water cistern and the last one is the specious Bhairoba cave. A flat floor and well-sculpted pillars are a specialty of the cave. Along the Bhairoba cave, steps are carved leading to the pinnacle. Four–Five potholes and some cannon balls are scattered in the fort. Kalwawantinicha Mahal, Nagfani, Siddhagad, Malanggad, Chanderi, Prabalgad, Manikgad, and Matheran all these surrounding historical places are visible from the top of the fort Peth.
- Pinnacle of the Peth fort with internally carved stairs
- Thrilling stair climb towards the peak
- Easy and fun-filled climb that gives lots of memories.
- Fort exploration – Canon marks, temples and Potholes
- Water cisterns
- Bastions of the fort well in condition
Kothaligad Trek 2022 | Kothaligad fort Trek
Peth Fort Trek 2022
The tentative itinerary for the Trek is as given below: Board train at 9:26 pm CSMT-Karjat fast local. People who stay on slow track station please come to your nearest fast train station.
Time table is as follows:-
Karjat Fast local
CST :06.10 am
Dadar: 06.24 am
Kurla: 06.31 am
Ghatkopar: 06.35 am
Thane: 06.49 am
Dombivali: 07.02 am
Kalyan: 07.13 am
Karjat: 08.08 am
Meeting Point: Karjat Station – 08:10 am
08:10 am: We will proceed to the base village Sondewadi by tum-tum or private vehicle.
09.00 am: Reach Base village of Peth Fort, Introduction round Ascend
09.30 am: Start Trek
11.30 am: Reach the top and Explore
12.30 am: Start Descending after the photo Session
01.00 pm: Reach Pethwadi and Have Lunch
02.00 pm: Start Descending and reach the base village of Peth fort and start a journey towards Karjat
03.00 pm: Reach Karjat Station and Catch a train to Mumbai with Memories.
Kothaligad Fort Trek
Where is Kothaligad fort locate??
Karjat is 90 km from Mumbai. Ambivili is the base village of Peth fort
Who all can join Kothaligad trek??
From Beginner to Professional Trekker who is willing to join
What is provided in Kothaligad fort?
Travel from Karajat to Base Village, Breakfast and Lunch
Can kids join on kothaligad fort trek?
yes kids can join for the trek
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from SGNP to SGNP
- Breakfast and Lunch
- Guide & expertise Charges
Meals included (Veg/Non-Veg/Jain):
(Milk/Coffee/Maggi will be served on additional charges)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Water / Beverages
- Personal expenses / tips.
- Insurance of any kind.
- Medical hospitalization, evacuation and related expenses.
- Any item not covered under “Inclusions”.
- Extra pair of clothes
- Photo ID card
- Some ready to eat food (chips, cakes, biscuits)
- Drinking water
- Personal medication if any
- Return tickets till Karjat
- Since it is not a luxury trip, do not expect any luxury.
- All food is hygienic and authentic local delicacy.
- You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident, reasons beyond control like Natural calamities, landslides, bad road conditions, riots, political uncertainty, public transport failure etc.; Man-Made calamities, Vehicle breakdown, vehicle dysfunction can happen & you agree that the organizer/leader shall not be held responsible for any accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances.
- Adventure Geek is not responsible for any loss of illegal substances or items being carried by the participant.