Adventure Geek invites you to Manikgad Fort Trek.
Manikgad is situated on a hill in North Konkan near Chawk and can be seen while traveling on Mumbai - Pune Highway. The fort has a couple of water cisterns and remains of settlements and fortification. The fort was used as a watchtower and offers a commanding view from the top of that region. Manikgad was built to look upon the trade route from Maval(Pune) to the coastal ports. This fort though looks easy requires the high endurance and capacity of the trekker for a long walk. This fort is situated near Vashivali (Rasayani MIDC), which is 27 km from Panvel.
This fort was built by Sarkhel Kanhoji Angre, to whom it was ceded in 1718 by Peshawar. The fort is in ruins. There is a big rock-cut cistern on the fort called "Darya take". There are a small shiva linga and few small rock-cut cisterns. The Ganesh gate is the only standing structure on the fort. There is a circular trench cut in the rock meant for lime mixing. If the sky is clear nearby forts i.e. Karnala fort, Prabalgad fort, Chanderi fort, Malang gad, Irshalgad, Sondai fort, Lohagad, Visapur fort, Sankshi are seen.
Check out our Upcoming events near Mumbai
- 360* degree of Sahyadri Range
- Shiva Linga
Meeting Point : Panvel Bus Station at 07:30am
Day 1 : Sunday.
07:30 AM : Panvel Bus Station
09:00 AM : Reach Base village after Breakfast and Tea
10.00 AM : Start Trek
01.30 PM : Reach Top
Explore the Fort and Lunch (Carried by self)
02.30 PM : Start Descending
05.30 PM : Reach Base Village
06.00 PM : Start our Return Journey
07.00 PM : Reach Panvel Station (Depend on the Traffic)
Local Train time Table
Thane - Panvel (S)
06:19 am Thane
06:27 am Airoli
06:36 am Koparkhairne
06:48 am Nerul
06:55 am Belapur CBD
06:59 am Kharghar
07:10 am Panvel
Train Time Table (Thane to Panvel)
06:19 am Thane
06:48 am Nerul
07:10 am Panvel
Andheri – Vadala Road Slow Local
05:17 am Andheri
05:31 am Bandra
05:42 am Vadala Road
What is included in the tour
- Transport from Panvel to Panvel
- Breakfast and Tea
- Expertise if any
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water, Any kind of insurance, Soft-drinks, etc.
- Anything other than the above mentioned inclusions.
- Change of Clothes – Changing Room Available at Rafting Start Point / Campsite / Farmhouse.
- No restriction on clothing, you can wear anything in which you are comfortable being wet for 2 hours (Avoid Denims, they tend to get heavy, ladies may avoid whites).
- No Compulsion on Footwear but Shoes or Sandals with good fitting preferred , Ideally No Chappals as they might come off & Float-off during Rafting or Other Activities.
- Personal Items like Towels, Soap etc.
- Camera: Do Carry it to Capture Memories, can be kept inside the Raft in Dry Bag with Guide but at own risk, else you will have to leave it in your vehicle.
- There is a good chance of your Skin Tanning after the Rafting, so if you wish to avoid that Carry a Sunscreen Lotion or wear Full Sleeves during Rafting.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The above rates are on per person per night and Non
2. Extra person charges on as per rates given above.
4. Check in & Check out Time is 16:00 Hrs & 14:00 Hours.
5. Any additional services or facilities charged extra as per
our publish tariff.
6. Early Arrival or Late Departure Facility shall be on
availability with on prior request basis only.
7. Confirmation is applicable on 100 % Advance Payment on
8. In case of No Show, 100 % Retention shall be applicable.
9. Advance payment cannot be refundable.
We sincerely hope that you shall find the above in order; we
look forward to welcoming you and your valuable guests at all
- All food is hygienic and authentic local delicacy.
- You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident, reasons beyond control like Natural calamities, landslides, bad road conditions, riots, political uncertainty, public transport failure etc.; Man-Made calamities, Vehicle breakdown, vehicle dysfunction can happen & you agree that the organizer/leader shall not be held responsible for any accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances.
- Adventure Geek is not responsible for any loss of illegal substances or items being carried by the participant.
- Transportation from Rafting End Point to Start Point is Not Included.
- If you have a Driver, he can pick you up at the end Point of Rafting else you will have to hire Autos / Share Jeep to the Start Point where your Car is Parked.