Mrugagad fort is a small hill fort, leading through dense forest along the valley between the fort and mountain, and then there are few rock patches. The base village Bheliv is a small hamlet in the Raigad district from where the trek usually starts. It takes an hour to reach to the top, on the way you would find rocky patches and a cave that required some fitness to ascend. Beware of animals in the cave, and be very careful while trekking here during the monsoon. Although Monsoons are the best time to trek to this fort.
Mrugagad fort is situated at the elevation of 1750 ft above sea level is surrounded by dense forest and mountains. Mrugagad trek is located near Bheliv village in Raigad district of Maharashtra, thus also known as Beliv fort. This small hill fort is very close to Lonavala, Khandala, and Khopoli.
- 360View of Sahyadris
- Best place for star photography
- Beautiful Sunrise
- Foggy Mornings
- 08:00 pm: Meet the Adventure Geek Leader at Sanjay Gandhi National Park.
- 08:20 pm: Pick up Andheri Hanuman Road Bus Stop
- 08:40 pm: Pick up from Sion Lunch Home
- 09:00 pm: Pick up from K-Star Mall Chembur.
- 09:20 pm: Pick up from Vashi Below Bridge
- 11:30 pm: Reach base village and introduction
- 11:45 pm: Start the trek
- 02:30 am: Reach the top and witness the Meteor shower
- 07:00 am: View the beautiful sunrise and explore the fort
- 09:30 am: Reach base village.
- 10:00 am: Have to breakfast & start the return journey
- 03:00 pm: Reach Mumbai with memories.
What is included in the tour
- Travelling from Borivali to Borivali
- Expertise Charges
- Tea / coffee and refreshments
What is NOT included in the tour
- Packaged Beverage/Water/Food Items
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusion
- Any personal expenses
- Medication and Insurance