Adventure Geek Invite you to Prabalmachi Fireflies trek.
Prabalmachi is located between Matheran and Panvel and comes under the Raigad District in the state of Maharashtra, India.This is a very small and remote village on the base of Fort Prabalgad. The beauty of this place is due to its rustic location where you find lots of nature and no pollution at all.Trek to Prabalmachi is about 1.5 hrs to 2 hours from its base. Height of the Prabalmachi village is 390 metres above sea level.
The village of Prabalmachi is the ‘base camp’ for a trek up the Prabalgad Fort (766 m) and Kalavantin is a 500m .It is located near the Machi and Vajepur villages.The Prabalgad Fort stands at an elevation of 2,300 feet in the Western Ghats. The fort was previously known as Muranjan until it was taken over and renamed by the Maratha forces under Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj’s rule. The fort has a Ganesh temple and some unidentified stone ruins. Its sister fort is Irshalgad. Right next to Prabalgad, to its north, lies the steep Kalavantin fort.
Checkout our Fireflies events
Batch 1: 28th - 29th May 2022
Batch 1: 04th - 05th May 2022
- Scenic view of city from Prabalmachi / plateau and the cool breeze
- Enjoy a panoramic view of the Surrounding and the city
- Amazing hike in the woods
- Wonderful climbs
- Camping at the top of the plateau
- Games with lots of fun
Prabalmachi Fireflies trek 2022
Firefly Trek 2022
Meeting Point: Panvel Station by 6.00 pm.
For those reaching Directly at the base, the village will send location on Watsapp
Panvel Slow Local
04:51 pm CST
05:09 pm Vadala Road
05:20 pm Kurla
05:40 pm Vashi
05:49 pm Nerul
06:11 pm Panvel
Thane Slow Local
05:23 pm Thane
05:40 pm Koparkhairne
05:52 pm Nerul
06:04 pm Kharghar
06:15 pm Panvel
06:30 pm Meet Adventure Geek Team at Panvel station and move towards Thakurwadi by local transport for Prabalmachi Fireflies Trek
07:30 pm Reach Base village, freshen up, gear up for Prabalmachi fireflies trek
07:45 pm Introduction round and brief on rules and regulations to be followed by everyone at the event
Reach plateau by 9.30 pm. Dinner time freshen up enjoy local cuisines specially cooked for us.
10.00 am Night walk to spot Fireflies around us enjoy watching them
back to the campsite, and If tired can retire and take rest in tents.
07:00 am Wake up call, freshen up.
08:00 am Breakfast.
09:00 am Start descending post-breakfast along with the beautiful memories from the event
10:30 am Start return journey towards Mumbai by local transport
11:00 am Reach Mumbai and bid adieu with a promise to meet again.
What is included in the tour
- Travel from Panvel to Base village and Return
- Unlimited Dinner, breakfast in the morning
- Tent Camping
- Local guidance
- First aid
What is NOT included in the tour
- All kinds of extra meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Insurance, tips, porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather.
- Id Proof
- 2 Litres of water (Must
- Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc.
- Good trekking shoes
- Power bank
- Carry Blanket/jacket
- Torch with new batteries
- Extra pair of clothes, socks (Optional)
- Cap, Camera as (Optional)
- 1 packet of electoral, enerzal, glucon-D
- Medications if required for individual
- Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible.
- And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking. Sling bags / jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed on the event. Please pack accordingly.