Adventure Geek invites you to Rajmachi Fireflies trek 2020
Fireflies or lightning bugs make light within their bodies. This process is called bioluminescence and is shared by many other organisms, mostly sea-living or marine organisms. Fireflies light up to attract a mate. To do this, the fireflies contain specialized cells in their abdomen that make light. Silvery waterfalls, streams, lush green forests and meadows, in the thick of all this is a spectacle of Magical Fireflies in the most luminous way! Leave behind the city chaos and lose yourself to the mountains by spending some fun time with the glowing fireflies.
About Rajmachi Fort:-
Rajmachi (Udhewadi) is a small village in the rugged mountains of Sahyadri in Maharashtra. The fortification at Rajmachi consists of two forts, namely Shrivardhan Fort and Manaranjan Fort. Rajmachi Fort is a popular trekking destination. It is a very famous fort located near famous hill stations of Maharashtra, Lonavala and Khandala. Historically, Rajmachi fort was a strategic fort to control Borghat (ghat between Khopoli and Khandala on Mumbai-Pune route) which was a historical trade route. Rajmachi fort played a strategic role in the First Anglo-Maratha War. Rajmachi Fort has been declared as a protected monument.
Checkout our other Fireflies Event 2020
Batch 1 : 16th - 17th May 2020
Batch 2 : 23rd - 24th May 2020
Batch 3 : 30th - 31st May 2020
Batch 4 : 06th - 07th June 2020
Batch 5 : 13th - 14th June 2020
Batch 6 : 20th - 21st June 2020
Batch 7 : 27th - 28th June 2020
- Rajmachi Fireflies Festival 2020
- Local Food
- Fort Visit
- Lake Visit
- Thrilling Trek
Rajmachi Fireflies Festival 2021
Day 1: Saturday
Meeting Point – Lonavala Railway station Platform No. 1 near ticket counter i.e Exit Gate
Mumbai People – Please catch 17031 - Hyderabad Express
Pune People – Please catch 01.00 pm Pune-Lonavala local.
Train Details from Mumbai
CSMT - Nagarcoil Express (16339)
Mumbai Cst (CSTM) - 12:10 pm
Dadar (DR) - 12:18 pm
Thane (TNA) - 12:43 pm
Kalyan Junction(KYN) - 13:06 pm
Karjat (KJT) - 13:48 pm
Lonavala (LNL) - 14:38 pm
Pune-Lonavala local timetable
01.00 pm – Pune Staion
01.05 pm – Shivaji Nagar
01:22 pm – Pimpri
01.26 pm – Chinchwad
01.47 pm – Talegaon
02.20 pm – Lonavala
03.15 pm Meet Leader at Lonavala Station
03.45 pm – Move to Rajmachi fireflies festival Village by local Transport
08.00 pm – Reach Rajmachi fireflies festival and freshen up.
Enjoy Fireflies in the Jungle till dinner time.
08.30 pm – Dinner.
Post Dinner again night walk for Fireflies
10.30 pm – Retire for the day
Day 2: Sunday
06:00 am Wake up call and freshen up.
06:30 am Trek to Shrivardhan Fort.
09:00 am Back to base village and enjoy breakfast.
10.00 am Start our Return Journey Back to Lonavala by Local Transport
12:30 pm Reach Lonavala and catch train
04:00 pm Reach Mumbai/Pune
What is included in the tour
- Transport from Lonavala to Lonavala.
- All Meals as mentioned in Itinerary (Veg)
- Entry fee.
- Dormitory Accommodation
- Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water.
- Any kind of insurance, Soft-drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusions.
- Train Tickets.
- Extra pair of clothes
- Photo ID card
- Some ready to eat food (chips, cakes, biscuits)
- Drinking water
- Personal medication if any
- Sleeping Bag/Mat/Bedsheet/
- Since it is not a luxury trip, do not expect any luxury.
- All food is hygienic and authentic local delicacy.
- You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident, reasons beyond control like Natural calamities, landslides, bad road conditions, riots, political uncertainty, public transport failure etc.; Man-Made calamities, Vehicle breakdown, vehicle dysfunction can happen & you agree that the organizer/leader shall not be held responsible for any accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances.
- Adventure Geek is not responsible for any loss of illegal substances or items being carried by the participant.
Advance Payment will not be refunded.