Adventure Geek invites you to Rajmachi Fireflies trek 2022
Fireflies or lightning bugs make light within their bodies. This process is called bioluminescence and is shared by many other organisms, mostly sea-living or marine organisms. Fireflies light up to attract a mate. To do this, the fireflies contain specialized cells in their abdomen that make light. Silvery waterfalls, streams, lush green forests and meadows, in the thick of all this is a spectacle of Magical Fireflies in the most luminous way! Leave behind the city chaos and lose yourself to the mountains by spending some fun time with the glowing fireflies.
About Rajmachi Fort:-
Rajmachi (Udhewadi) is a small village in the rugged mountains of Sahyadri in Maharashtra. The fortification at Rajmachi consists of two forts, namely Shrivardhan Fort and Manaranjan Fort. Rajmachi Fort is a popular trekking destination. It is a very famous fort located near famous hill stations of Maharashtra, Lonavala, and Khandala. Historically, the Rajmachi fort was a strategic fort to control Borghat (ghat between Khopoli and Khandala on the Mumbai-Pune route) which was a historical trade route. Rajmachi fort played a strategic role in the First Anglo-Maratha War. Rajmachi Fort has been declared a protected monument.
Check out our other Fireflies Event 2022
Batch 1 : 21st - 22nd May 2022
Batch 2 : 28th - 29th May 2022
Batch 3 : 04th - 05th June 2022
- Fireflies while Trekking
- Delicious Local Food
- Visit Shrivardhan Fort
- Visit Manaranjan Fort.
Rajmachi Fireflies Festival 2022
Day 1: Saturday
Meeting Point – Lonavala Railway station Platform No. 1 near ticket counter i.e Exit Gate
Mumbai People – Please catch 11019 - Konark Express
Pune People – Please catch 03.00 pm Pune-Lonavala local.
Train Details from Mumbai
CSMT - Konark Express (11019)
Mumbai Cst (CSTM) - 2:00 pm
Dadar (DR) - 2:12 pm
Thane (TNA) - 2:33 pm
Kalyan Junction(KYN) - 2:55 pm
Lonavala (LNL) - 4:30 pm
Pune-Lonavala local timetable
03.00 pm – Pune Staion
03.05 pm – Shivaji Nagar
03:20 pm – Pimpri
03.24 pm – Chinchwad
03.45 pm – Talegaon
04.20 pm – Lonavala
04.30 pm Meet Leader at Lonavala Station
04.45 pm – Move to Rajmachi fireflies festival Village
08.00 pm – Reach Rajmachi fireflies festival and freshen up.
Enjoy Fireflies in the Jungle till dinner time.
08.30 pm – Dinner.
Post Dinner again night walk for Fireflies
10.30 pm – Retire for the day
Day 2: Sunday
06:00 am Wake up call and freshen up.
06:30 am Trek to Shrivardhan Fort.
09:00 am Back to base village and enjoy breakfast.
10.00 am Start our Return Journey Back to Lonavala by Local Transport
12:30 pm Reach Lonavala and catch train
04:00 pm Reach Mumbai/Pune
What is included in the tour
- Transport from Lonavala Station to Rajmachi Base back.
- Breakfast on Day 2
- Entry fee.
- Homestay/ Tent Stay
- Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water.
- Any kind of insurance, Soft-drinks etc.
- Anything other than above-mentioned inclusions.
- Train Tickets from Mumbai / Pune - Lonavala.
- Extra pair of clothes
- Photo ID card
- Some ready to eat food (chips, cakes, biscuits)
- Drinking water
- Personal medication if any
- Sleeping Bag/Mat/Bedsheet/
- Since it is not a luxury trip, do not expect any luxury.
- All food is hygienic and authentic local delicacy.
- You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident, reasons beyond control like Natural calamities, landslides, bad road conditions, riots, political uncertainty, public transport failure etc.; Man-Made calamities, Vehicle breakdown, vehicle dysfunction can happen & you agree that the organizer/leader shall not be held responsible for any accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances.
- Adventure Geek is not responsible for any loss of illegal substances or items being carried by the participant.
Advance Payment will not be refunded.