Adventure Geek invites you to Sandhan Valley Trek and Camping with rappelling igatpuri
Sandhan Valley Trek is also known as Valley of Shadows. Sandhan Valley Trek and Camping is known Wonder of nature & splendid Sahyadri (Western Ghats). Water-carved valley of 200 ft deep and about 1.5 long. Sandhan Valley is located on the west side of the beautiful Bhandardara region, near Samrad village. Valley surrounded with mighty Alang अलंग, Madan मदन & Kulang कुलंग (Known as AMK- a toughest trek in Sahyadri) Ratangad रतनगड, Ajoba आजोबागड & Kalsubai कळसूबाई शिखर (5400 ft. highest peak in Maharashtra) mountain ranges. Brilliant & deep narrow rock floored ravine between the two high walls of the mountain range. At some places, its width is less than 3 ft so at some places sun rays are unable to reach. So it’s called the Valley of Shadow. it is accessible throughout the year except for monsoon. To go to the end side of the gorge you have to cross 2-3 water pools, water level changes according to seasons, in winter it is up to the waist & in summer it is up to knee height. At the end of the valley, you get a magnificent view of high cliffs & deep valley.
Sandhan Valley Trek and Camping incorporates a rappelling experience and freehold rock climbing and descending, which cannot be undertaken by a group of rookies or individual trekkers. You would have to enlist the help of an operator who will, in addition to the technical gear also provide your camping gear.
Check out other Trekking events
- Magnificent view of the Huge Valley
- Fully shadowed trek! Say bye to sun rays!
- Rappelling thrill
- Chimney crossing
Sandhan Valley trek and camping with rappelling igatpuri
Sandhan Valley Trek, Ahmednagar
Sandhan Valley Trek in December
Sandhan Valley Camping and Rappelling Itinerary
- Board CSMT-Kasara Fast Local (If you miss the train, you miss the event)
- 12:30 pm: CSMT
- 12:43 pm: Dadar
- 12:54 pm: Ghatkopar
- 13:06 pm: Mulund
- 13:12 pm: Thane
- 13:27 pm: Dombivali
- 13:37 pm: Kalyan
- 14:47 pm: Kasara
- 15:00 pm: Move towards Base Village of Sandhan Valley via private Jeep
17:30: On arrival, Set yourself free, and let your soul feel the beautiful sunset. Hop in for the team games or just chill out near the waterfront. Relax find yourself!
20:30: Taste the yummy local cuisines in the dim light ambiance of the campsite. Post dinner it's our time Campfire time! It's time to unfold your own life and know others life as well.
23:00 At night we will watch the Dark Sky & lay back open in the field to watch some shooting stars.
Day 02 :
5:30: Wake-up call
6:00: Proceed for a Short Trek to Sandhan Valley + Rappelling. The Valley of Shadows.
10:00: Post Breakfast start your return Journey to Kasara Station & then to Mumbai/Pune
18:00 Reach Back Mumbai/Pune
1)Registrations will be considered after payment of the cost and after payment give a confirmation of that.
2) If any natural calamity happens or any accident, death, or illness occurs Adventure Geek or organizers are not responsible for any loss.
3) Registration Amount is Non-Refundable & Non-Transferrable
4)In case of unexpected Rainfall we will take the shed in the local villager’s house
5) Timings & all the sessions depend on various natural factors like train delays, vehicle breakdowns, weather, etc - None of the team members will be responsible nor we would entertain any refund.
For Details/Bookings Drop Whatsapp: +91 9004675388
Mandatory Things to Carry:-
Torch V IMP with extra batteries ( please don't forget )
Sleeping bag and good winter jackets. We promise it will be cold :)
Some ready-to-eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits, etc.
Mosquito Repellent cream
A bottle of water (at least 2 Ltrs) is Compulsory
Medicines if any
Good trekking shoes, and an extra pair of floaters.
Extra pair of clothes
Personal basic medical kit ( carry your routine medicines if any to avoid complications).
Camera, Cell Phone, Binoculars (Optional)
No wearing of Gold or any other expensive Ornaments ( if Lost owns sole Responsibility )
A haversack to put all these things.
Rules & Note
No Smoking, tobacco, and alcohol
- This is an outdoor tour.
– All the activities & programs carry an amount of risk of injury and you are aware that outdoor activities have an inherent risk of personal injury.
– You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident, reasons beyond control like natural calamities, landslides, bad road conditions, riots, political uncertainty, public transport failure, etc.; Man-Made calamities, Vehicle breakdown, vehicle dysfunction can happen & you agree that the organizer/leader shall not be held responsible for any accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances.
– Adventure Geek reserves all rights to modify/change the camp/ program and abort the event and Adventure Geek will not be liable to refund booking charges in such a case.
- Adventure Geek reserves all right to call off the ongoing event when such circumstances arise, and it shall not be responsible for any refund henceforth.
About Sandhan Valley Trek and Camping
How long is the Sandhan Valley Trek Distance?
Sandhan Valley trek is 6km From Samrad village to Dehne Village which we complete in 1 day
Do you organize Sandhan Valley from Pune?
Yes we have batches leaving for Sandhan Valley from Pune
Who Can Do Sandhan Valley Trek?
Anyone who is willing to do Sandhan Valley Trek.
Female, Solo travelers can do this Sandhan Valley Trek.
Yes, a Female, Solo Traveller can do this Sandhan Valley Trek.
Parking is allowed at the base Village?
Yes, You can Park your Vehicle at the base village, But We recommend not bringing your car.
Are Toilet Facilities Available?
Toilet Facilities are at base villages and not during the trek.
How safe is rappeling?
We are professional and we never compromise on safety Measures
The difficulty level of the Trek?
Sandhan Valley is a Medium to Moderate level Trek.
Can Kids Do Sandhan Valley Trek and Camping?
Kids above 16 years can do Sandan Valley
Best time to Visit Sandhan Valley Camping?
Sandhan Valley trek Starts In November and December to Feb and this is the best time to do the Trek
What all to Carry for Sandhan Valley Trek?
We have mentioned Things to Carry in our Section you can Check them out.
Do we do the Sandhan Valley trek with Rappelling?
Yes, Full Descend of Sandhan Valley has a Rappelling patch. but this event is half descent trek
we do 1 rappel and come back to the base
What is included in the tour
- Transport from Kasara to Sandhan Valley Base Village
- Guide Charges
- Entry Charges
- Basic First Aid
- Rappelling Gear
- Expertise Guidance.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Medical Emergency (If any)
- Medical Evacuation (If any)
- Cold drinks, mineral water charges (at Dhaba or in the village)
- Food Bought other than inclusions ( in Village or at Dhaba)
- Any other charges occurred other than inclusions.
How to Register:
Step -1: - Send your money to the following account ---
√ Payment details:
While online transfer, please provide your name in the notes section.
Once payment is done, please send an email to email@example.com with the transaction id, name, and Mobile No.
You can make payments using any of the following modes
UPI – 9004675388@okaxis
Google Pay/PhonePay – 9004675388
NEFT – Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
Name: Adventure Geek
A/c type: Current account
Bank: Saraswat Bank
A/C no.: 610000000013647
Step 2: After payment, We will add you to the WhatsApp Group, and will be requested to fill up the Mandatory disclaimer form online where you have to fill in relevant details including your full address.
Step -3: Group is formed for coordination, We will coordinate through Msgs/ Call if the participant is not available on WhatsApp.