Adventure Geek invites you to Spiti Valley Backpacking trip.
One of the still unexplored and insanely beautiful stretches of the Indian Himalayas, Spiti is a valley of stark landscapes and high snowy peaks stretching to the sky. Gurgling rivers and crystal clear lakes dot the highlands of Lahaul, while an ancient civilization has survived for nearly a thousand years and has preserved its culture against the onslaught of modernity in Spiti.
Spiti valley lies in the western Himalayas at 3680 meters, in Himachal Pradesh in north India near the Tibetan border. Closed to the outside world for over 30 years, this ‘forbidden’ valley opened to foreigners only in 1992. Spiti valley is as much a journey within as it is without. The lofty Kunzum pass will trivialize our place in the world. The stillness of the Chandratal lake will talk to you of contentment.
The legendary ki monastery will speak to you of man’s industry - physical, yet transcendental. And since all life is cyclical, you’ll again be jolted into insignificance as you trek the ragged & spartan route to some of the highest Himalayan villages of the world. Rise to one of the world’s highest motorable roads en route to Lanza and sway to the sinuous Spiti river below. Indulge the yaks and refresh your paleontology. Lunch with the rank and file at demul and bow to Spitian regalia at Dhankar.
Checkout Our other Backpacking Tour
- Day 0: Overnight Travel from Delhi to Shimla
- Day 1: Reach Shimla- Transfer To Kalpa Overnight Stay At Kalpa.
- Day 2: Transfer From Kalpa To Kaza Via Nako - Tabo - Ka Loops. Overnight Stay At Kaza.
- Day 3: Visit Key Monastery, Chicham Bridge, Hikkim, Komik & Langza - Overnight Stay At Kaza.
- Day 4: Visit Pin Valley - Overnight Stay At Kaza.
- Day 5: Departure To Kalpa. Overnight Stay At Kalpa/Sangla.
- Day 6: Drive To The Last Indian Village - Chitkul/Sangla
- Day 7: Depart To Shimla. Overnight Transfer To Delhi.
- Day 8: Reach Delhi by Morning.
- Drive through the mountains
- Send a postcard from the world's highest post office
- Drive through a raw, white, and rugged winter.
- Visit the beautiful key monastery
- Experience village life and stay in a homestay
- Indulge in local cuisines
- Visit age-old temples.
- Experience Upper Himalayas.
- Explore the beautiful rustic lands of Kinnaur.
- Photography Walks.
- Interaction with Monks.
- Local Food & Drinks.
- Stargazing & Bonfire.
- Experiencing Wildlife.
Day 01 Mumbai - Chandigarh / Ambala
Meet Leaders at Borivali Station, board the train to depart for Chandigarh
Day 02 Chandigarh - Narkanda Via Shimla
Reach Chandigarh station and catch Bus / Private Vehicle to Narkhanda & Stay at Narkhanda.
Day 03: Narkanda - Via Rampur - Sangla/Rakcham
Today Early Morning, the journey to Sangla/Rakcham Will Start. On the way enjoy the beautiful views of outer Narkanda and the lovely villages of Rampur Wangtu and Karcham reach Sangla/Rakcham in the evening. Upon arrival check-in to the Homestay, take a rest from the long hectic journey. You can also explore the nearby places on your own if you arrive early. Later on, come back to the homestay for Dinner & Overnight stay.
Day 04:Sangla/Rakcham - Kalpa
After morning breakfast, Visit Rakcham and Chitkul Village. On the Way enjoy the great views of the Baspa River and Valley. Later on, start your drive for Reckong Peo and reach Kalpa in the late afternoon or evening. Visit Peo Market (Closed on Sunday), Roghi Village, and Suicide point. At Kalpa, catch a glimpse of the famous Kinner Kailash mountain range. Later on, Enjoy the Dinner & Overnight stay at the homestay/hotel.
Day 05: Kalpa - Via Nako - Tabo
Today morning after breakfast drives toward Tabo. En route, you will find the amazing view of Satluj & Spiti Rivers at Khab. We will stop for lunch in Nako village which is the first village in the Spiti valley region and famous for its beautiful lake. Later on, continued the journey to Tabo. On Arrival, Check-In to the Homestay & Retire for the Day. If Time Permits, You can explore the Tabo Market and taste the local Tibetan food. Later on, come back for Dinner and an Overnight stay at Tabo.
Day 06: Tabo - Via Dhankar - Kaza
Enjoy the Early morning breakfast, Then drive to Dhankar village and visit Gompa which is situated high above the valley. Later on, move towards Kaza. On arrival at Kaza, Check-In to the Homestay, You can explore the Kaza market, do shopping, buy some handcrafts and have experience of street food on your own. In the evening, come back for Dinner and Overnight stay at a homestay.
Day 07: Kaza - Langza - Hikkim - Komic - Kaza
Today morning after breakfast, proceed to the famous Langza, Hikkim, Komic village and explore the same. You can spend and enjoy some time in the snow. If time permits you can enjoy some snow activities there on your own. Later on, come back to stay at the location and retire for the day. Dinner and overnight stay at Homestay.
Day 08 Drive from Kaza - Rampur
On the seventh day of the Spiti Valley tour, we are almost towards the end of this magical trip. Today, we set out to return to Rampur across the Hindustan- Tibet Highway. The first stop on this leg would be the charming village of Kalpa which we had previously visited on our way up to Spiti Valley.
Day 09 Rampur - Chandigarh - Mumbai
Early Morning checkout post breakfast and we head to Chandigarh to catch the train for Mumbai.
Day 10 Chandigarh - Mumbai
Reach Mumbai at 4.00 p.m with good memories to meet you soon on another event.
What is included in the tour
- Train Travel SL coach ticket from Mumbai to Delhi & back to Mumbai.
- Accommodation on sharing basis at all destinations as per the itinerary.
- Breakfast and dinner at all hotels, and homestays.
- Comfortable non-AC vehicle Traveller/ Innova shared by ten people, for all days as per the itinerary
- Tour Leader assistance from Day 1 to Day 8.
- Monastery / Museum Entrance Fees
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train/flight travel to and fro from Delhi
- Lunch on all-day
- Sightseeing in Shimla
- Any permits, activities, accommodation, or transfer other than what is mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances including medical emergencies and act of god.
- Anything that is not mentioned in the above list of inclusions.