Adventure Geek invites you for Star Gazing and Camping Event
Best time to See the Milky Way Galaxy (Akash Ganga) & Return of the Planets - Venus (The Evening Star), Jupiters with 4 Moons, Mars The Red Planet and Saturn with Rings. Star Gazing Event organised by Adventure Geek at Saphale, Tandulwadi Village.
Amateur & Novice Users can also join and take opportunity to know the Night Sky and observe some of the deep sky objects like Planets, Nebulae's, Galaxies, Globular Cluster, Open Clusters, Double Stars and of course our Milky Way Galaxy etc.. no prior knowledge of astronomy is necessary for them.
Night Sky Orientation will be provided during the Event.
Checkout our Other weekend camping near mumbai
- Stargazing with telescope by our astronomy expert
- Learn how to spot stars, planets, constellations
- Try your luck in sighting shooting stars, meteors!
- Try your hand at star trail photography
Star Gazing Schedule
03.22pm – Churchgate
03.32pm – Mumbai Central
03.45pm – Bandra
03.54pm – Andheri
04.08pm – Borivali
04.35pm – Virar
04.53pm – Saphale
(Missing the train means Missing the Event)
05.30 pm — Reaching the Star Gazing Campsite by Private/public vehicle.
6:00 pm – Event Registration, Selfie, Group Photo Session
7:00 pm– Session 1 – Introduction, Observe West Sky Objects (Before Setting), Satellite Tracking
7:30pm – Night Star gazing Orientation - Finding the North Star - Cassiopeia & Ursa Major
8:00 – 9:00 pm – Session 2 – Astronomy Awareness Video Program
9:30 – 10:30 pm – Dinner Time (Delicious BBQ, Veg Dinner)
10:30 – 11:30pm – Session 3 – Night Sky Observation - Constellations, Star Clusters, Andromeda Galaxy, Orion Nebula and Double Stars
11:30pm – 12:30am – General Observation and Basic Astrophotography (Star Trails & Constellations)
1:00 – 3:30 am – Power Nap – Charge Yourself and Camera/Tablet/Mobile Batteries
3:30am - 4:00 am – Tea Break
4:00 – 5:30 am – Session 4 – Early Morning Sky
5:30 – 6:30 am – Session 5 – ISS, Satellite, & Iridium Flares
6:30 am - Sunrise
7:00 – 7:30 am – Breakfast / Tea and Group Photo
8:00 am - Event Closure.
Star Gazing FAQ
- In case of the Cloudy Sky, Event will not be canceled, Singing Songs with Guitarist and Campfire will be Continued with Delicious BBQ veg food.No Refund
- Participants can depart from the campsite, or hang around with us for informal discussion/talk/contact sharing
- Participants are free to observe all night or retire for a short sleep and join us again for observations.
- We greatly encourage informal interactions/ discussion with us at any time during the night. We will answer (or try to be as close to your satisfaction as possible) all your questions.
1) 10 Inch Dobsonian Reflectors (2 Qty) – Antares GSO & SKY Watcher
2. Binoculars 10 x 50 (2 Qty)
3. Celestron Automated Mount (100mm Refractor)
4. Celestron Automated Mount for Astrophotography
4. EQ1 Manual - 75mm & 80mm Scope.
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the whole tour cost:
- Cancellation within 24 hours of payment 100% refundable. (Not applicable on payments made before or less than 36 hours of the event. Only 20% will be refunded in this case.)
- If cancellation is done prior to 15 days of outing 95% will be refunded.
- If cancellation is done prior to 10 days of outing, 70% will be refunded.
- If cancellation is done prior to 5 days of outing, 40% will be refunded.
- If done prior to 2 days of outing 10% will be refunded
- Above and after no refund will be provided.
What is included in the tour
- Tent Charges
- Night Star Gazing Event and On-Site Charge
- Evening Snacks, Delicious Veg Dinner, Morning Breakfast
- Tea & Drinking Water available.
- Stay in Tent with soft bedding and pullover
- Soft Music & Guitarist (Optional)
- Free WiFi (Subject to GSM Network)
- Adventure Geek Expertise
What is NOT included in the tour
- Anything not mentioned in the included list.
- Personal Medication
- Personal expenses like soft drinks/ packaged water/ etc.
- Travel Cost to-fro from Saphale Station to Site (If required 150/- PP Extra)