\Vasota Fort Trek (also called Vyaghragad) is located in Satara district in the Indian state of Maharashtra. It was famously defended by Tai Telin a mistress of Pant Pratinidhi a killedar of the fort when he was captured. Vasota fort is attributed to the Kolhapur Shilahara Raja Bhoja II (1178–1193) of Panhala. Vasota always remained with Marathas, Shirkes & Mores in the 16th century & then incorporated in Swarajya by Shivaji Maharaj in 1655 during the conquest of Javli. Shivaji Maharaj named the fort “Vyaghragad” (Vyaghra – means tiger), owing to its difficult natural defense. After Shivaji Maharaj, the brave Maratha Bajirao Peshwa carried on the Swarajya mission of ousting the Mughal invaders from our country.
Sajjangad meaning Fort of Good People. It is the final resting place of Sant Ramdas in 17th century India (born 1608). His teachings and works written in books such as Dasbodh are read and followed by many people even today in the state of Maharashtra and Sajjangad is a popular place of pilgrimage.
This is a less explored fort near to Wai. The top of the fort is very small. There are remnants of old buildings. The bastion at the entrance is dilapidated. 5-6 cisterns can be seen to the left of the main gate, on the lower side of the cliff. There is a small cave to the right. At the top, there is a Hanuman temple. An idol of Hanuman sits outside the temple
- Jungle Trek
- Koyna Back Water
- Boat Ride
Vasota Fort Trek | Vasota Jungle Trek
Day 0 – Friday Night
- 10.30 pm – Pickup Point: Kotak Mahindra Bank ATM, near Dadar (E) station
- 10.45 pm – Pickup Point: K star Mall, Chembur East
- 11.15 pm – Pickup Point: Vashi Below Main Bridge
Day 1 – Saturday
- 06.00 am – Reach Bamnoli
- 06.30 am – Breakfast & Team introduction
- 07.30 am – Move towards boating point (Koyna Backwaters)
- 10.00 am – Reach Met Indavali
- 10.30 am – Trekking Commences
- 02.00 pm – Reach Vasota Top
- 03.00 pm – After Exploration have Lunch
- 03.30 pm – Start Descend
- 05.00 pm – Reach the base
- 06:00 pm – Overnight stay and camping beside the lake
- 08:00 pm – Dinner & Fun time
Day 2 – Sunday
- 06.00 am – Wake-up call
- 06.30 am – Freshen up and finish morning routine
- 07.30 am – Have Breakfast
- 08.30 am – Spend fun-time beside the lake and play games with many interesting group activities
- 10.30 am – Start Return Journey
- 01.30 pm – Lunch near Kaas Plateau
- 02.30 pm – Continue with Return Journey
- 05.30 pm – Evening Tea Enroute Mumbai
- 10.30 pm – Reach Mumbai (Tentatively).
FAQ Vasota Fort Trek
Who all can Join Vasota Trek?
Anyone can join for Vasota fort trek
Are Female solo travelers are allowed to Join Vasota Trek?
Yes, We normally have 40-60% of female travelers at our events
Are Kids allowed for Vasota Trek?
Yes, In fact, all age groups are allowed for the Vasota Jungle trek
When do we leave for Vasota Trek?
From Mumbai, we leave on Friday night and from Pune, we leave on Saturday.
Where do we Stay Overnight?
We do camping near the lake at Bamnoli
What is included in the tour
- Dadar to Dadar transportation
- Tent Stay
- All Meals
- Entry fees
- Administration Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train tickets, Mineral water,
- Any kind of insurance, Soft-drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusions.