Vasota Fort Trek (also called Vyaghragad) is located in the Satara district in the Indian state of Maharashtra. It was famously defended by Tai Telin a mistress of Pant Pratinidhi a killer of the fort when he was captured. Vasota fort is attributed to the Kolhapur Shilahara Raja Bhoja II (1178–1193) of Panhala. Vasota always remained with Marathas, Shirkes & Mores in the 16th century & then incorporated in Swarajya by Shivaji Maharaj in 1655 during the conquest of Javli. Shivaji Maharaj named the fort “Vyaghragad” (Vyaghra – means tiger), owing to its difficult natural defense. After Shivaji Maharaj, the brave Maratha Bajirao Peshwa carried on the Swarajya mission of ousting the Mughal invaders from our country.
Checkout Our Other Events in Mumbai
- Vasota Jungle Trek
- Koyna Back Water
- Boat Ride
Vasota Fort Trek
Vasota Jungle Trek 2022
Day 0 - Friday, 11th November 2022
• 10.00 PM - Meet at the national park Main gate, Borivali.
Bandra (On Western Express Highway Only)
(Below pick-ups on Sion-Panvel Highway Only)
• 11.00 PM - Sion Lunch Home, Sion.
• 11:15 PM - K-star mall Chembur.
• 11:30 PM - Below Vashi Bridge.
• 11:45 PM - Mcdonald (Kalamboli).
Day 1- Saturday, 12th November 2022
• 02:00 AM - Pune Pickups. (On Pune-Banglore Highway only)
• 06:00 AM - Reach campsite to get refreshed / Breakfast
• 07:30 AM – Move towards boating point Shivsagar Lake For Vasota (Koyna Backwater)
• 09:00 AM – Reach Indavali
• 09:30 AM – Trekking Starts
• 12:30 PM – Reach Vasota Top (Lunch & Explore)
• 02:30 PM – Start Descend
• 04:00 PM – Reach the base & move towards the campsite.
• 05:30 PM – Reach Campsite & Rest.
• 07:00 PM – Ready for Fun, Games & Activity
• 09:00 PM – Dinner Time (village food)
• 10:00 PM – Late Night Campfire & Singing Activity. Horror Stories, Experiences, etc.
• 11:30 PM – Enjoy Sleeping in Tents. (Good Night)
Day 2 - Sunday, 13th November 2022
• 07:30 AM - Wake-up call
• 08.00 AM - Get refreshed & Breakfast
• 10:00 AM – Start Return Journey toward Mumbai
FAQ Vasota Fort Trek
Who can Join Vasota Trek?
Anyone can join for Vasota fort trek
Are Female solo travelers allowed to Join Vasota Trek?
Yes, We normally have 40-60% of female travelers at our events
Are Kids allowed for Vasota Trek?
Yes, In fact, all age groups are allowed for the Vasota Jungle trek
When do we leave for Vasota Trek?
From Mumbai, we leave on Friday night and from Pune, we leave on Saturday.
Where do we Stay Overnight?
We do camping near the lake at Bamnoli Vasota tent house
What is included in the tour
- AC Transportation (Mumbai to Mumbai)
- 2 Breakfast
- 1 Packed Lunch
- 1 Dinner
- Camping Charges
- Boat Tickets
- Forest Fees
- Basic First Aid Charges
- Guide & Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral Water/Cold drinks etc.
- Travel Food
- Any other charges not mentioned in inclusions.