“Rajgad”, meaning ‘Royal Fort’, is one of the biggest forts in Maharashtra, India. The fort is around 1,400 m (4,600 ft) above sea level. Formerly known as ‘Murumbdev’, it was the capital of the Maratha Empire during the rule of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj for almost 26 years, after which he moved the capital to Raigad Fort. The fort is located 60 km to the South West of Pune, about 15 km West of Nasrapur, in the Sahyadri range.
RAJGAD FORT – also known as the king of forts, was recognized as the first political base of “Maratha Dynasty”. It still can be witnessed as an unchallengeable, undisputable, and unconquerable fort in Sahyadri’s. Get ready to explore this mighty fort with us…
- Witness the most scenic view of western ghats
- Padmavati Temple
Day 0 – Friday Night
- 22:00 Meet our team at Borivali, Sanjay Gandhi National Park
- 22:15 Leave for Rajgad Fort in Private Bus
- 23.00 Sion, Lunch Home
- 23:15 Diamond Garden, Chembur.
- 23:40 Below the main bridge, near Vashi Plaza.
- 00:10 Kalamboli, Mc Donald`s.
- Reach base village and rest on the bus.
- 06:00 Freshen up at Local homestay
- 07:00 Breakfast and Morning followed by Trek Instruction and Group Introduction
- 08:00 Rajgad Fort Trek Begins.
- 11:00 Reach on top. Explore Padmavati Machi and Temple.
- 12:30 Simple Veg lunch
- 14:00 Visit Rajgad Balekilla
- 16:00 Move towards Sanjivani Machi.
- Enjoy sunset at Sanjivani Machi.
- After sunset back to the Padmavati Temple.
- 21:00 Dinner and Night stay
- 05:00 Wake up and freshen up.
- 05:30 Move towards Suvela Machi for sunrise.
- Watch the sunrise from Suvela Machi.
- Back to the Padmavati Temple and Breakfast.
- 08:30 Start descending.
- 11:30 Reach at base village and Lunch.
- 12:30 Start return journey to Mumbai.
- 20:00 Approx. arrival at Mumbai.
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from Mumbai - Mumbai by private Non - AC Bus
- Day 1: Breakfast and Dinner
- Day 2: Breakfast and lunch
- Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- All kinds of Extra Meals / Drinks Ordered
- Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses. (Camera charges, etc.)
- Any kind of cost, which is not mentioned in the cost, including above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather