Dukes Nose is popular for Rappelling, Trekking, camping, Rock Climbing, Slackline Festival very popular place among adventure seekers. Earlier known as Nagphani now popularly known as Dukes Nose after Duke Wellington. Nagphani means hood of a snake. A popular hiking trail located in Khandala it is visible while exiting towards Mumbai from Khandala on the expressway. Dukes' nose trek is located between Khandala and Lonavala.
Check out our Events in Mumbai
Dukes Nose Trek Information
- Duke's nose height is 3,200 feet
- Duke's nose Trek difficulty level is easy
- Duke's nose Trek endurance level medium
- Dukes nose Trek route jungle trail
- Dukes nose Trek duration 2 hours max
- Visit Shiva Temple on Dukes Nose Plateau
- Enjoy Lonavala monsoon weather Fog, Rains, Winds, Cold climate
- 300ft Rappeling
- View of Lonavala
Event Itinerary - Dukes Nose Trek
05:45 am - Meet at Sanjay Gandhi National Park
06:00 am - Bus will leave for Khandala
(Pickup on the way from Andheri, Bandra, Sion, Chembur & Vashi)
08:30 am - Reach Base Village (Start a Trek towards Dukes Nose 45 Min. from Kurvande Village.)
09:30 am - Reach Top of Dukes Nose. Briefing about the Activity, Equipment Introduction & Demo by Experts.
10:00 am - Activity starts. Understand and listen carefully to the instructions the trainer gives. The more you know the better. Enjoy the rappelling activity one by one. After getting down to the end, there will be a traverse of around 1000 ft. Once your traverse part is complete, you will be considered a safe zone.
12:45 pm - Reach Summit and Lunch
02:00 pm - Start Descending towards Base Village
04:00 pm - Reach base Village Kurvande
04:30 pm - Evening Tea and Local snacks
05:30 pm - Depart for Mumbai from Khandala
09:30 pm - Reach Dadar Mumbai
What is included in the tour
- Non Ac Bus charges
- Trek Leader expertise
- Central Pickups
- One Veg Breakfast and Tea
- One Evening Snack and Tea
What is NOT included in the tour
- Lunch - Please carry one time lunch
- Any insurance required
- Anything not mentioned in cost includes
• TORCH V IMP ( please don't forget )
• Identity proof
• Breakfast for Sunday
• Some ready-to-eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits, etc.
• A bottle of water (at least 2 Ltrs) Compulsory
• with extra batteries Cap, etc.
• Medicine those if you require usually
• Good trekking shoes, extra pair of floaters.
• A haversack to put in all the things to be carried….so that one has one's hands-free while trekking.
• Pleases do not carry Jholas.
• Please avoid wearing Jewellery
• Double pack your valuables in plastic bags.
• No Smoking, tobacco, and alcohol.
• Be a group – it's not a race.
• NO littering please…we are educated.
• The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members.
• No Arguments will be entertained.
• Please understand this ain’t a picnic, all Trekking and Adventure activities demand fitness. We request you to get a medical fitness check done before you participate in any such events. If suffering from any allergy carry proper medications and inform your trek leaders about it. Also make sure you have a sufficient supply of medication for your trip, building in an allowance for any travel delay. Those with Active Chest and Heart diseases that limit physical activity should not go to high altitudes.