Adventure Geek invited you for the Garbett Plateau trek
Matheran is a most splendid hill station in Maharashtra. The climate of Matheran is very cool. Garbett Plateau is located on the southwest side of Matheran. The base village of Garbett Plateau is Bhivpuri which is 71 km and 110 km away from Mumbai and Pune respectively. Garbett Plateau is in Karjat Taluka of Raigad District. Trek to Garbett plateau is through Dhom Lake, few Water Streams, and a steep Jungle Trail. The duration of the trek is around 3 hours. Thus, the endurance required is High.
Check out our other Upcoming Trek near Mumbai
- Panaromic Views
- 360° view of Matheran
- Picturesque Sunrise
- Thrill Night Trek
- Fun & Masti on the Route
Garbett Point Trek 2022
5:45 AM: Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Borivali (E)
6:30 AM: Sion Station,
6:40 AM: K.Star Mall,Chembur
7:30 AM: Vashi Toll Naka
9:00 AM: Bhivpuri Road
Meeting Point: Bhivpuri Road Railway Station
● 09:10 am Meet-up, freshen up, have Breakfast gear up for the Garbett trek
● 09:30 am Start the trek with a small warm-up walk.
● 10:00 am Reach Dhom Lake, Introduction round and brief on rules and regulations to be followed by everyone on the event
● 10:10 am Continue with the traverse of the lake
● 11:30 am Reach village, take some rest and continue
● 12:30 pm Reach Garbett plateau, take some rest, and then explore the surrounding,
● 12:45 pm Have Snacks/Munching self carried on the trek
● 01:00 pm Start moving towards the top to get a panoramic view of the sunrise
● 01:30 pm Reach top settle down enjoy the surrounding, click pics and have fun
● 02:00 pm Post all the Masti and after clicking loads of pics, we will move towards our taxi stand
● 03:30 pm Reach Neral station, freshen up and have Lunch
● 04:30 pm Start Our Journey to Mumbai
● 08:00 pm Reach Mumbai and bid adieu with a promise to meet soon
Garbett Point Trek
Can we drive to Bhivpuri road railway station?
Yes, you can drive to Bhivpuri road station the trek ends at Neral Railway Station from where you will have to reach on your own to your car parking location.
Distance from Mumbai to Bhivpuri road railway station?
Two and half hours drive from Mumbai 95 km approx.
The number of days required for this event?
One day is required for the Garbett Plateau Monsoon trek near Mumbai.
Is there food available on Garbett Plateau Matheran?
There is no Food stall on Gartbett Plateau So one needs to buy from general stores before the trek starts.
How much time required to climb Garbett Plateau?
Three to four hours one way is required to climb the Garbett plateau trek route.
Where can we park our cars?
Base Village at your own risk. There is no designated car parking available.
Is there any parking charge?
Yes. Locals might ask for a parking fee.
Is Toilet Available on Garbett trek?
During the Trek, toilets are not available. but you get a toilet at the base village of Garbett Point.
Do Single travelers females sign up for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events.
Many Single Travelling Female join our events.
Are Kids allowed on treks?
Kids below 15 years of age with Parent supervision only allowed on treks in Maharashtra.
What type of food will be provided?
Only Veg local home-cooked food is available.
Phone Connectivity on Trek to Garbett Plateau?
Limited phone connectivity is available for most cellular services. During monsoon, please carry a rain case to keep the phone dry from heavy rains.
Difficult level of Garbett Point?
It is easy to Moderate level Trek. Beginners, Ameture, Professional trekkers can do this trek
What is included in the tour
- Traveling From Borivali to Bhivpuri and Back
- Traveling from Dasturi Naka To Neral Station
- Breakfast Unlimited
- Adventure Geek Expertise
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Water, Soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, etc
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- Torch with an extra set of batteries
- Ready to have some food like biscuit, cakes, chip, etc.
- Trek Shoes & Extra pair of floaters
- Rucksack / Shoulder bag which can hold the following items
- Water Bottle (2lts minimum) compulsory, Sun Cap, Spare Cotton Track pant & T-shirt.
- Personal medical kit (personal medicines if any, prescribed by family doctor).
- Mattress, chaddar, sleeping bag anything to sleep
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance thats illegal is not allowed. Anybody found consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
- You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident, reasons beyond control like Natural calamities, landslides, bad road conditions, riots, political uncertainty, public transport failure etc.; Man-Made calamities, Vehicle breakdown, vehicle dysfunction can happen & you agree that the organizer/leader shall not be held responsible for any accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances.
- Adventure Geek reserves all rights to modify/change the camp/ program and abort the event and Adventure Geek will not be liable to refund booking charges in such a case.
- Adventure Geek reserves all right to call off the on-going event when such circumstances arise, and it shall not be responsible for any refund henceforth.
- Cancellation within 24 hours of payment 100% refundable. (Not applicable on payments made before or less than 36 hours of the event. Only 20% will be refunded in this case.)
- If cancellation is done prior to 10 days of outing 90% refundable.
- If cancellation is done prior to 6 days of outing 60% will be refunded.
- If done prior to 3 days of outing 30% will be refunded
- After that, no refund will be provided.