Adventure Geek invites you for Karnala Fort
Karnala Fort Trek (also called Funnel Hill) is a hill fort in Raigad district about 10 km from Panvel city. Currently, it is a protected place lying within the Karnala Bird Sanctuary. The sanctuary is quite small with an area of 4.27 square kilometers. It is home to over 150 species of residents and 37 species of migratory birds who visit the sanctuary during winter. Two rare birds i.e. Ashy Minivet and Malabar Trogon have been sighted here.
Karnala fort actually consists of two forts one at a higher level and the other lower. At the center of the higher level is a 125 feet high basalt pillar. It is also called Pandu's tower. This structure was used as a watchtower when the fort was occupied.
You may also check out our Upcoming treks near Mumbai
- Easy Trek
- Fort Exploration
- One day Trip
- 360* View of Sahyadri Range
Karnala Trek | Karnala fort trek 2022
Itinerary for Karnala Fort Trek
06:00 am - Board Bus and Start Journey for Karnala Fort Trek from SGNP Borivali
There are multiple Pickup points on the way:
07:00 am - Sion east near Sion Lunch Home
( Dadar participants place join from here)
07.30 am - K- Star Mall, Chembur
08.00 am - Vashi below the bridge
08.30 am - Kalamboli, Panvel
09:00 am - Reach Karnala Bird Sanctuary and have breakfast.
09:45 am - Start Trekking towards Karnala fort
11.30 am - Reach the top & Explore the fort, click photos
12.30 pm - Start descending.
03.00 pm - Start the return journey.
08:00 pm- Reach Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Borivali
(all timings mentioned above are tentative)
Karnala Fort Trek
Where is KarnalaTrek Located?
Karnala Fort is Located in Pen near Panvel.
How do we Travel to Karnala Trek?
You can take Train to Panvel station from your near Station and then bus or Rick goes to Karnala Fort
Why is Karnala Fort Famous?
Karnala is famous for its Bird Sanctuary it is called Karnala Bird Sanctuary.
Who all can Trek to Karnala Fort?
Beginners, kids, couples, and solo travelers who are willing to trek Karnala fort
Are Washroom Facilities Available at Karnala Fort Trek?
Yes, Washroom Facilities are there at the Base of Karnala Fort
How far is Karnala's Bird Sanctuary from Mumbai?
Karnala bird sanctuary is 90km from Mumbai and famous for bird watching and trekking
What is included in the tour
- Travelling from Mumbai - Mumbai by Pvt Non AC bus
- Morning Tea/Coffee, Breakfast and Lunch
- Karnala Entry Charges
- Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Water, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Extra pair of clothes
- Photo ID card
- Some ready to eat food (chips, cakes, biscuits)
- Drinking water Backpack to keep things
- Personal medication if any
- Since it is not a luxury trip, do not expect any luxury.
- All food is hygienic and authentic local delicacy.
- You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident, reasons beyond control like Natural calamities, landslides, bad road conditions, riots, political uncertainty, public transport failure etc.; Man-Made calamities, Vehicle breakdown, vehicle dysfunction can happen & you agree that the organizer/leader shall not be held responsible for any accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances.
- Adventure Geek is not responsible for any loss of illegal substances or items being carried by the participant.