Adventure Geek invites you for Karnala Fort
Karnala Fort Trek (also called Funnel Hill) is a hill fort in Raigad district about 10 km from Panvel city. Currently, it is a protected place lying within the Karnala Bird Sanctuary. The sanctuary is quite small with an area of 4.27 square kilometers. It is home to over 150 species of residents and 37 species of migratory birds who visit the sanctuary during winter. Two rare birds i.e. Ashy Minivet and Malabar Trogon have been sighted here.
Karnala fort actually consists of two forts one at a higher level and the other lower. At the center of the higher level is a 125 feet high basalt pillar. It is also called Pandu's tower. This structure was used as a watchtower when the fort was occupied.
You may also check out our Upcoming treks near Mumbai
- Easy Trek
- Fort Exploration
- One day Trip
- 360* View of Sahyadri Range
Karnala Trek | Karnala fort trek 2023
Time table is as follows:-
CSMT-PANVEL Slow Local
Vadala: 06.18 am
Kurla: 06.29 am
Vashi: 06.49 am
Panvel: 07:20 am
Western People can Board a train from Thane
Vadala: 06.18 am
Panvel: 07:12 am
07:25 am - Meet Leader at Panvel Station and Start Journey for Karnala Fort Trek via private cab
08:00 am - Reach Karnala Bird Sanctuary and have breakfast.
08:30 am - Start Trekking towards Karnala fort
10.30 am - Reach top & Explore the fort, click photos
12.00 pm - Start descending.
02.00 pm - Start the return journey.
03:00 pm- Reach Panvel and Catch Train to Respective Destination with great memories
(all timings mentioned above are tentative)
Karnala Fort Trek
Where is KarnalaTrek Located?
Karnala Fort is Located in Pen near Panvel.
How do we Travel to Karnala Trek?
You can take Train to Panvel station from your near Station and then bus or Rick goes to Karnala Fort
Why is Karnala Fort Famous?
Karnala is famous for Bird Sanctuary it is called Karnala Bird Sanctuary.
Who all can Trek to Karnala Fort?
Beginners, kids, couples, and solo travelers who are willing to trek Karnala fort
Are Washroom Facilities Available at Karnala Fort Trek?
Yes, Washroom Facilities are there at the Base of Karnala Fort
How far is Karnala's Bird Sanctuary from Mumbai?
Karnala bird sanctuary is 90km from Mumbai and famous for bird watching and trekking
What is included in the tour
- Traveling from Panvel to Karnala fort and Back via Private vehicle
- Entry fees
- Morning breakfast and lunch
- Safety and other equipment are required for the trek.
- Basic First aid
What is NOT included in the tour
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusion
- Personal Expenses
- Extra pair of clothes
- Photo ID card
- Some ready to eat food (chips, cakes, biscuits)
- Drinking water Backpack to keep things
- Personal medication if any
- Since it is not a luxury trip, do not expect any luxury.
- All food is hygienic and authentic local delicacy.
- You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident, reasons beyond control like Natural calamities, landslides, bad road conditions, riots, political uncertainty, public transport failure etc.; Man-Made calamities, Vehicle breakdown, vehicle dysfunction can happen & you agree that the organizer/leader shall not be held responsible for any accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances.
- Adventure Geek is not responsible for any loss of illegal substances or items being carried by the participant.