Adventure Geek invites you for Sandhan Valley Trek.
Sandhan Valley Trek is also known as Valley of Shadows. Sandhan valley trek and Camping is known Wonder of nature & splendid of Sahyadri (Western Ghats). Water carved valley of 200 ft deep and about 1.5 long. Sandhan valley is located on the west side of beautiful Bhandardara region, near Samrad village. Valley surrounded with mighty Alang अलंग, Madan मदन & Kulang कुलंग (Known as AMK- a toughest trek in Sahyadri) Ratangad रतनगड, Ajoba आजोबागड & Kalsubai कळसूबाई शिखर (5400 ft. highest peak in Maharashtra) mountain ranges. Brilliant & deep narrow rock floored ravine between the two high walls of the mountain range. At some places, its width is less than 3 ft so that at some places sun rays unable to reach. So it’s called the valley of shadow. it is accessible throughout the year except for monsoon. To go the end side of gorge you have cross 2-3 water pools, water level changes according to seasons, in winter it is up to waist & in summer it is up to knee height. At the end of the valley, you get a magnificent view of high cliffs & deep valley.
The Sandhan valley trek incorporates a rappelling experience and freehold rock climbing and descending, which cannot be undertaken by a group of rookies or individual trekkers. You would have to enlist the help of an operator who will, in addition to the technical gear also provide your camping gear.
Checkout other Trekking events
- Great Valley Crossing
- 3 Rappelling Patch
- Rock Patch on route
Sandhan Valley Trek
Sandhan Valley Trek Camping
Sandhan Valley Trek in December
Kindly board the Kasara Local according to the Below mentioned Timings and get in with your Respective Stations.
Also Don't forget to take train ticket till kasara.
Catch Kasara Semi-Fast Local – Slow from Mulund.
10:50 PM – KASARA Semi fast Local from CST ) – Catch Second Compartment towards Kasara to get together,
- CST :- 10:50 PM
- Byculla :- 10:57 PM.
- Dadar :- 11:05 PM
- Kurla :- 11:13 PM
- Ghatkopar :- 11:18 PM
- Mulund:- 11:30 PM
- Thane:- 11:34 PM
- Dombivali :- 11:54 PM
- Kalyan:- 00:07 AM
- Kasara:- 01:18 AM.
Participants who reside on the slow tracks request you to join with the nearby fast local station.
After Reaching Kasara all the Participants have to gather near Ticket Window post counting we will start our journey to Sandhan Valley via Samrad Village.
- Travel to Samrad Village of Sandhan valley in the jeeps.
- Get down from the jeeps and 15 mins to complete nature chores.
- Start of the Trek at 6.00 am
- Post introduction.
- lunch on the way.
- Rappelling down and Reach to a Camping place
Mid-way halt where we will do Sandhan valley camping
- Reach the base at 05:00 – 06:00 pm
- Campfire, Chitchat, and Fun time.
- Dinner Time ( 08:00 – 09:00 PM)
- Sleeping at 10:00 – 11:00 PM.
-Next-Day Wake up call
- Nature Chores and Breakfast time
- Leave the Campsite
- Reach Dehene Village
- Freshen up and rest for a while.
- Lunch at Dehne
- ST Bus from Dehene to Shahpur and Auto from Shahpur to Asangaon Railway station whichever is available
- Trek Ends at Asangaon Railway Station.
Mandatory Things to Carry:-
Torch V IMP with extra batteries ( please don't forget )
Sleeping bag and good winter jackets. We promise it will be cold :)
Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
1 pc Maggi
Mosquito Repellent cream
A bottle of water (at least 2 Ltrs) Compulsory
Medicines if any
Good trekking shoes, an extra pair of floaters.
Extra pair of clothes
Carry Lunch for the First Day (Mandatory )
Carry at least 2 Lemons, Chocolate Bars, Glucon D, Odomos.
Good Trekking shoes (Action Trekking Preferably)
Personal basic medical kit ( carry your routine medicines if any to avoid complications).
Camera, Cell Phone, Binoculars (Optional)
No wearing of Gold or any other expensive Ornaments ( if Lost owns a sole Responsibility )
A haversack to put all these things.
Rules & Note
No Smoking, tobacco, and alcohol
- This is an outdoor tour.
– All the activities & programs carry an amount of risk of injury and you are aware that outdoor activities have an inherent risk of personal injury.
– You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident, reasons beyond control like Natural calamities, landslides, bad road conditions, riots, political uncertainty, public transport failure etc.; Man-Made calamities, Vehicle breakdown, vehicle dysfunction can happen & you agree that the organizer/leader shall not be held responsible for any accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances.
– Adventure Geek reserves all rights to modify/change the camp/ program and abort the event and Adventure Geek will not be liable to refund booking charges in such a case.
- Adventure Geek reserves all right to call off the on-going event when such circumstances arise, and it shall not be responsible for any refund henceforth.
Sandhan Valley Trek and Camping FAQ
How long is the Sandhan Valley Trek Distance?
Sandhan valley trek is 26km From Samrad village to Dehne Village which we complete in 2 days
Do you organise Sandhan valley from Pune?
Yes we have batches leaving for Sandhan valley from Pune
Who all Can do Sandhan Valley Trek?
Anyone who is willing to do Sandhan Valley Trek.
Female, Solo traveller can do this Sandhan Valley Trek?
Yes, Female, Solo Traveller can do this sandhan Valley Trek.
Parking is allowed at base Village?
Yes, You can Park your Vehicle at base village, But We recommend not to bring your a car.
Toilet Facilities is Available?
Toilet Facilities are at base villages and not during the trek.
How safe is to rappeling?
We are professional and we never compromise on safety Measures
The difficulty level of the Trek?
Sandhan Valley is Medium to Moderate level Trek.
Can Kids do Sandhan valley Trek and Camping?
kids Above 12 years can do Sandan Valley
Best time to Visit Sandhan Valley Camping?
Sandhan Valley trek Start From November and December to Feb and this is the best time to do Trek
What all to Carry for Sandhan Valley Trek?
We have mentioned in Things to Carry in our Section you can Check them out.
Do we do Sandhan valley trek with Rappelling?
Yes, Full Descend of Sandhan Valley has Rappelling patch.
What is included in the tour
- Transport from Kasara to Sandhan Valley Base Village.
- Transport from Dehne village to Asangaon Railway Station.
- 2 – Breakfast (Tea and Pohe or Upma) – 1 lunch
- One Dinner on First Day
- Basic First Aid
- Rappelling Gear and Expertise Guidance.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Medical Emergency (If any)
- Medical Evacuation (If any)
- Cold drinks, mineral water charges (at Dhaba or in the village)
- Food Bought other than inclusions ( in Village or at Dhaba)
- Any other charges occurred other than inclusions.