Ladakh is a high-altitude mountainous region bounded by the Karakoram Range from the north and the Great Himalayas in the south. It is a land that abounds in awesome physical features set in an enormous and spectacular environment. Often described as ‘Moonland’ on account of the unique lunar landscape, Ladakh was an independent mountain kingdom for close to a millennium. Leh, the royal capital, was a major crossroads of Asia and a stopping point on the ancient migration routes of the trans-Himalayas, connecting Central Asia with the Indian sub-continent. Its landscape, sky, shooting stars, silence, wizened faces, rosy cheeks, dragons and Zen - everything makes Ladakh a quiet place to visit. This ethereal cold desert that goes by names such as 'The Last Shangrila', Moonscape, Little Tibet and so many others - all of which ring true, is a land that seldom fails to baffle or surprise. Ladakh, the land of jagged peaks and barren landscape is alluring and awe-inspiring.
In this Incredible Ladakh, e-travel through the ancient kingdom of Ladakh, soaking in the beauty of its captivating landscape, visiting monasteries, villages, palaces and humble homes, Khardung-la Pass, Changla Pass, Pangong Lake, Nubra Valley; Indus Valley a journey that will truly make you want to return - such is the mesmerizing effect of the hospitable people in this enchanting Buddhist land called Ladakh.
Check out our other Backpacking Trips
- Visit to Shanti Stupa
- Shopping at Leh Market
- Trek at Zingchen Gorge
- Witness Snow Leopard Signs (if lucky)
- Glimpse of Nubra Valley (Valley of Flowers)
- Drive through the highest motorable road in the World
- Walk on the banks of Shayok river
- Ride on double humped camel on the Sand Dunes
- Visit Chumathang hot spring
- Visit 3 Idiot Fame school
Day 01: Leh Airport to Leh Town (4 Kms | 15 minutes approx.)
Arrival at Leh airport and transferred to the Hotel. Complete day for acclimatization. Evening visit to Shanti Stupa & Leh Market.O/N Leh.
Day 02: Leh to Zingchen to Rumbak 5 hrs (Trekking)
After having the breakfast drive to Zingchen and start walking through Zingchen Gorge. There is a restaurant where one can stop for tea and snacks. As we continue trekking further, the gorge gets narrower and rugged. On the way one might see snow leopard signs along the valley bottom of the side valleys if you are trekking during winter or early spring/fall. As you approach Rumbak fields the valley suddenly opens up with snowcapped mountains in the background. From the fields the path turns left eastwards for the Rumbak village, where Home stay is available. O/N Home stay.
Day 03: Rumbak to Leh 3 hours (Trekking)
After breakfast, walk till Zingchen and the vehicle will be waiting at a point and drive back to Leh. O/N Leh
Day 04: Leh to Nubra Valley (128 Kms | 4-5 hrs approx.)
After breakfast, drive to Nubra Valley, also known as Valley of flowers via Khardungla, the highest motorable road in the World, (18,380 ft). On your arrival in Nubra Valley check in the hotel / camp. After a sumptous lunch take a walk on the banks of Shayokriver, you can also enjoy a ride on double humped camel on the Sand Dunes between Deskit&Hundur Village, by owns. O/N Nubra Valley.
Day 05: Nubra - Pangong Lake (150 Kms | 4-5 Kms approx.)
After Breakfast leave for Pangong Lake 14,500 ft, drive of 6 – 7 Hrs. Arrival at Camp, Later free time at Leisure and enjoy the color changing lake and the sun set on the banks of lake. O/N Pangong Lake.
Day 06: Pangong Lake to Hanle (175 Kms | 6-7 hrs approx.)
In the morning after breakfast drive to Hanle, on the way cross Chushul Village and Tsaga La (15,200 Ft), Hanle, is home to the Indian Astronomical Observatory. The location of the village and the observatory are highly sensitive due to the close proximity of the Tibetan / Chinese border, India set up the Himalayan Chandra Telescope, a 2m gamma ray telescope, here. Once complete, the Major Atmospheric Cerenkov Experiment Telescope gamma ray telescope under construction here, will be the world's largest telescope at the highest altitude and the second largest gamma ray telescope in the world. As per history, it is believed that King SinggeNamgyal died here at Hanle while on his return from an expedition on Mongols. Enjoy the stay with locals at local guest house. O/N Hanle.
Day 07: Hanle – Leh (8 – 9 Hrs)
In the morning after breakfast drive to Leh, enroute visit Chumathang hot spring, 3 Idiot Fame school, later free time at Leisure at Leh. O/N Leh
Day 08: Leh to Leh Airport (4 Kms | 15 minutes approx.)
Early morning transfer to Leh airport to board flight back to destination. Journey Ends.
Terms & Conditions:
- 100% payment to be deposited before the trip starts.
- Final Confirmation will be provided on full payment.
- Vehicle provided as per the mentioned tour plan (Point to Point Basis only)
- No Refund or Compensation for any unused services / transportation in any circumstance.
- Any changes done on trip, applicable charges will be charged.
Cancellation Policy for Land Package:
- 10% cancellation charges if cancelled before 30 days before the tour.
- 25% cancellation charges if cancelled between 30 – 20 Days before the tour.
- 50% cancellation charges if cancelled between 19 – 10 Days before the tour.
- No refund if cancelled before 10 days of trip start.
- No Refund or Compensation on any changes on ongoing trip.
- Any changes done on trip, applicable charges will be charged.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation on Triple Occupancy basis
- All Meals s per tour planned.
- Transportation by Non-A/C Tempo Traveller with 5/8 person per vehicle
- 01 Oxygen cylinder in the vehicle to visit Nubra, Pangong & Hanle
- Professional Trekking Guides on Day 2 &3 (Every 4 Person Per guide)
- 01 Tour Manager for Complete journey from Day 01 – Day 08
- Domestic Travel Insurance.
- Inner line Permit, Ladakh Entry Fees & Wild Life Fees.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any airfare
- Any Kind of Personal Expenses or Optional Tours / Extra Meals Ordered
- Monument / Museum Entrances, Rafting & Camel ride / Safari Charges.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head “Prices included”.
- Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls.
- Any Kind of Drinks (Alcoholic, Mineral, Aerated)
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond our control.