Adventure Geek invites you to Tikona Fort Trek
Tikona also known as Vitandgad, is the dominant hill fort in Maval in western India. It is located near Kamshet around 60 km from Pune. The village nearest to the fort is called Tikona-Peth. The 3500-foot high hill is pyramidal in shape and the name Tikona means "triangular". The small hamlet close to the fort is Tikona Peth. The fort’s mammoth entrance is a special attraction.
Tikona Fort is a great trekking destination for adventurous Tourists it has a huge breathtaking view of Pawna Dam from the Summit and on the opposite side of Tikona Fort you can see Tung Fort and Lohgad Fort Trek.
Bedse Caves are built in the latest 1st century BC (circa 60 BC) – thus they belong to the oldest ones in Maharashtra. If compared with the later cave temples, Bedse Caves are much simpler and smaller, with fewer furnishings. It’s part of a trilogy (Bedse, Karla, and Bhaje Caves)
Checkout our other Event near Lonavala
- View of Pawna lake from the top
- Fort exploration
Tikona Fort Trek
Monsoon Trek to Tikona Fort
- Trek Trail: Hiking
- Base Village: Thakursai Village
- Trek Difficulty: Easy to Medium
- Trek Endurance: Medium
- Trek Duration: 2 - 4 hrs (both sides)
- Best Time: Monsoon
- Distance from Mumbai: 129 km
Day 1 :
05:50 am: Meet Leader at Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Borivali (East)
06:00 am: Leave for Base Village of Tikona Fort.
Pick Up Point
Goregaon, Andheri, Bandra
06:45 am: Sion Lunch Home, Sion
07:20 am: Pickup Point : K star Mall , Chembur East
08:00 am: Pickup Point: Vashi Below Main Bridge
08:20 am: Pickup Point : Hotel 3 Star, Kharghar
11:00 am: Reach the base village of Tikona Fort and Enjoy breakfast
11:30 am: Introduction session
11:45 am: Start the trek
01:30 pm: Reach the top, enjoy the view, and Lunch
02:30 pm: Explore the Tikona Fort
03:00 pm: Start Descending toward the base village of Tikona Fort
04:00 pm: Enjoy Evening Snacks at the base village
05:30 pm: Proceed towards Mumbai
09:30 pm: Reach Mumbai
- Click on the "BOOK NOW" button.
- Select your date & proceed.
- Select the Number of TIckets. (If you have a coupon code, apply at this stage)
- Fill in our personal details and proceed.
- Select your payment type (UPI, Debit Card, Credit Card) and proceed.
- Once your tickets are booked, you will receive a confirmation email and WhatsApp on your Number
- WhatsApp group will Make and will add you in the Group one day prior to the Departure
- Further details about the trip will be shared on that WhatsApp group 1 day prior to the trip.
Step -1: - Send your money to the following account ---
- While online transfer, please provide your name in the notes section.
- Once payment is done, please send an email to Adventuregeekk@gmail.com with the transaction id, name, and Mobile No.
You can make payments using any of the following modes
- UPI – Vinaykg05@okaxis
- Google Pay (Tez) – 9004675388
- Paytm - 9004675388
NEFT – Deposit the Amount into Following Account Shared on Whatsapp
Step-2: After payment, you will be requested to fill up the Mandatory disclaimer form online where you have to fill in relevant details including your complete address.
Step -3: Now your participation is confirmed & Organizer will create a WhatsApp group on the event day for coordination, We will coordinate through SMS/ Call if the participant is not available in WhatsApp.
For Details/Bookings Drop Whatsapp: +91 9004675388
- Or Send a Screenshot on Below Whatsapp Number
Health & Fitness:
For instant energy carry glucose powder or energy drinks or chocolates. Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands a good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over-the-counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads-up to them if you need any medical assistance.
Monsoon Precaution Measures:
- Use trekking shoes with a good grip to avoid slipping.
- Take precautions against bugs.
- Carry First Aid & Necessary Gear.
- Protect your valuable items like cameras, phones, IDs, etc with an extra plastic cover and then put them in your bag.
- keep in touch with a friend and family member.
- Important to make note of all emergency contacts and numbers.
- A haversack to put in all the things to be carried so that one has one`s hands-free while trekking.
- Please do not carry sling bags or Jholas. Avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
- Smoking and the consumption of alcohol are strictly prohibited .
Why Adventure Geek for Tikona fort Trek ?
- 6 years of experience in organizing Tikona fort Trek with safety .
- Served over 500+ customers last year with amazing review.
- Limited Participants with best services.
- Travel always in AC bus.
- We provide one trek leader for every group of 10 people.
FAQ for Tikona fort trek
Frequently Asked Question
Is a washroom and changing facility available at Tikona Fort?
Yes, Washroom Facilities are there at the Base Village of Tikona Fort.
What are the age group criteria for the Tikona trek?
Any age group can join the Tikona trek, as the trek is fully safe.
Can Solo/Female travelers join for the Tikona trek?
Yes, Solo/Female travelers can join for the Tikona trek
We have a ratio of 40-60 females in our trek group. Sometimes we send female leaders on the trek if available.
Can we drive in our own vehicles to Tikona Fort?
Yes, we will provide you with navigation and you can meet leaders in the based village of Trikona Fort.
Parking is available at the base village of Tikona Fort.
Yes, Parking is available you need to pay something to the village and it is at your own risk.
How far is the Tikona Fort from Mumbai?
From Mumbai to Tikona Fort is about 110km
Is food available at Tikona Trek?
We provide lunch and a break on Trikona Fort at the base village but there are only a few stalls at the base from where you buy things
When is a good time to go to Tikona Fort?
From June to Feb is the best time to go trekking to Tikona Fort,
But we Prefer to go to Monsoon for a scenic view of Pawna Dam and the greenery of Lonavala.
What is included in the tour
- Transport by Private Non AC Bus from Borivali to Borivali
- Food: Breakfast, Lunch
- Adventure Geek Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses.
- Anything other than the above-mentioned inclusions